Maternity modelling?

P

PixieKitty

Hey girls, just a quick question about modeling during pregnancy. Well, what do you think about it? Is it best left to the pretend bellies or is it a good idea? I got accepted into an agency before I found out about the pregnancy and after some inquiries, turns out they take on maternity models too, and as it's a three year contract I can do normal commercial modeling after the birth (too short for proper fashion modelling, have to be over 5ft7"). A few people have seemed a bit iffy about the idea, I can't really see the problem aslong as it doesn't tire me out too much, and I can't see them putting pregnant women under too much stress. What're your opinions on maternity models? Is it tacky to 'use' my bump for money gain? All the money I'd make from it would go to the baby, and as I'm a high-school drop out it's either the modeling industry or the music industry, or the dole which I reeeeally don't want to go on... too many people on it these days that don't need it.
x

I think it's fine - especially if you're already on a contract and would have been modelling anyway. I would think it's one of the few areas where working pregnant women get treated well as they need you to be pregnant.

- If I could do it I would, I'm a bit short though and don't really have the figure for it anyway, lol.

Good Luck.

I didn't realise they used people with fake bumps anyway! The ladies in the Next and Mothercare catalogues look real enough to me - mind you, they are modelling maternity underwear, so I doubt they'd use fake models.

I say go for it. It's a job like any other so I can't imagine you'd be putting yourself under too much stress. You were accepted into the agency before you found out and even if you had been accepted after, I don't think it makes a difference.

Hope it all goes well for you:hugs:

I would definately do it!! Why not...and you'll end up with lovely pics of your bump and get paid for it!

I think its a good idea, it will give you extra money towards the baby/ baby stuff and you might enjoy it! :happydance:

Go for it hunnie.

Huge confidence boost, money and not going to do the baby any harm!

Ahhhh I'd have to post the link, but I don't know if that's allowed in the forum... it's a company called Models Direct, you put your application online and they put that before a judging panel and they decide whether you're in or not! Then if you get accepted they send out your stuff, there's a £128 starter fee but that's for things like printing cards, aswell as the server usage (you get your own page with all your info for people searching for models for commercials etc.) and they put you forward to companies!

Was worried at first that I'd have to give up the contract because of the pregnancy but they assured me they take on maternity models too! Good stuff :)

Was more worried about how it would seem to people, I've seen some articles about celebrity models doing maternity shoots and they weren't very nice about them... but seeing your positive views on it makes me sure I made the right decision :)

Thankyou all :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"