Maternity pants that you can actually tuck a shirt into?

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
I am having an issue finding pants I'll be able to wear to work, besides just continuing to buy bigger sizes and letting my legs swim in the pant legs. -_-
I work retail and need to tuck my shirt into khakis. I'm a bigger girl already, and of course asked for a size larger in my uniform shirts. But the pants are really proving to be a problem.
Does anyone have any ideas?

I know Thyme Maternity has some nice pants. https://www.thymematernity.com/

Thank you. Not exactly what I need, but they do have cute stuff.

There will come a time when you won't be able to do tucking in anymore! I'm 19 weeks and I couldn't tuck in my shirt without it looking dreadful. Maternity shirts are designed to come down lower and be worn loose usually.
Might be worth talking to your employers about your uniform for when you get bigger.

That sounds very difficult. Maybe you could buy the pants that look like khakis but are stretchy all throughout and more of a comfy material? This definitely sounds like something you'll have to ask your boss about, though. Maybe they'll let you wear your shirt not tucked in as long as you don't look sloppy.

Old Navy online has "real waist" maternity pants...I've been wearing these to work. I'm not required to tuck in, but they have normal buttons on the front so they look like normal pants and I think they would look good to tuck in. There is some gathered material on the side that makes it adjustable and stretchy.

Thanks ladies! I suppose it all depends on how I show and when. I might have a huge belly by February, i might not "pop" until April. Once it gets to a point where I *can't* tuck they'll have to make an exception (unless they specifically buy me extra long shirts that can even be tucked in). I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there....I just really want to be prepared.
I told my boss I was pregnant after the great ultrasound I had last week, and mentioned I'll need XL tops, and he said we should wait until I need them....I had to explain that with pregnancy, you really never know when I'll start growing, that I could literally wake up one morning and the size L will be too snug.
I wouldn't care if I were a slender girl, but I also have chub to contend with, so me + tight clothing = NO.

You can buy an expander on line not sure what you call it but it looks jus like the elastic waist on maternity jeans. U can wear them with just about any trousers or jeans and can get them in different colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->