Maternity pay rant!!

Angel1990x

Reaction score
Sorry about this, its just a rant as I'm furious right now!!

I'm having to claim my maternity allowance from the DWP as apparently my work can't pay it ... (for health reasons my hours reduced in my last few months. )

But the hoops that DWP make new mothers jump through is disgusting.
I have been misled and ignored throught the whole process, i started my claim in December! !
Now I'm 3 weeks from having my baby, they have refused to pay me because they misled me on the amount of payslips i had to send in .... they said 5, i sent 5 now they refused my claim because i needed to send 7 they say, dispite the fact they told me 5 back in the beginning of January! !

now I've got to write a letter and beg for an reconsideration, because they made a mistake!!
and i have to sort it!?

How is it fair that they can make me at the stage jump through hoops due to their mistakes?? And i don't even get an apology! ?

TWO MONTHS I've had no payments and no money and they havnt told me anything other than "your claim is processing" and now when im mear weeks away they drop this mess on me.

i can't be the only one to think thus is disgusting! !

I have worked hard for 5 years, and the ONE time i need the DWP to help me, they treatme like this??!!

I am furious!!

Sorry you've had such a rough time of it. I'm assuming you're applying for maternity allowance, as you're going through the Job Centre (for SMP, if you qualified, your employer would be required to sort it out for you). You need to send them 13 weeks worth of payslips. So the number depends on how many weeks each payslip covers, if that's helpful. It's all really clearly laid out on the maternity allowance website, so I would just follow that and send them what that says. I wouldn't listen to what any actual person says, as they could just be a moron and be leading you wrong, so I wouldn't trust it.

I wish we had maternity pay here. With my 1st, it was hard to not bring in my normal income for those 3 weeks I took off… this time my supervisor (which is the VP of the company) and I are in a battle with the CEO & CFO to let me work from home with limited access to certain programs. (Confidentiality of Clients)

It’s sad that I have to work from home when I should be enjoying time with my new baby but in order to not be delinquent on my bills, my husband and I both agreed that I cannot NOT work. As hard as my husband works, he cannot, ALONE, support us with 2 kids and pay child support for his daughter from his 1st marriage.

I wish you all the best in getting this. They should give you this because you are entitled to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->