Matthew can't poo :(

Naimi

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Seems really weird posting in here after posting in the third trimester for so long :)

I need some advice, Matthew has only done 4 poo's since coming home. He did his first poo the day he came home (saturday), the dark tarry one, then another tarry one but a little loser on Sunday, He then went 2 days without doing anything, then thick green milky poo yesterday but it seemed to really distress him pushing it out. He hasn't been since and has been unsually unsettled and uncomfortable today, he's normally very chilled. I'm rambling, my question is, do you think it could be because of the Farleys milk? I used it with both my girls so thats just what i picked up for Matthew, but I'm wondering whether i should switch or should I just see it through a few more days before changing, i don't want to make it worse.

Thanks,
Naimi xx

Your avatar is lovely hun such a cutie :D

An I know what you mean by weird ... I missed posting in trimesters lol

I don't think Caitlin poo'ed that much in first week either come to think of it and always seems to struggle now poo'ing & farting! All babies are different so maybe he is from your other 2 as far as this goes and what you remember?

Sorry not much help but wanted to say cute & that Im sure she didn't in her first week. Have you spoke to MW/HV? Whichever you still have?

Sometimes its normal but could also be a sign of colic is he bringing is wind up ok??? Does sound like colic though hun xxxxxx have a word with midwife if it is colic she will just give you some infocol)spelt something like that. his he crying more than normal or raising his legs up to his belly?

Thanks girls.

I changed his milk to Aptamil and it seems to have really helped with his wind and general mood, however he continued to poo every other day. I asked the midwife on Tuesday and she thought that seeing as when he did poo it was of normal consistency, it was more to do with him just being lazy and not pushing enough to get the poo out :) typical man! LOL. He must be learning though because we've had 2 stinky poo's in 12 hours ! Woo Hoo !!

Naimi xx

my next door neighbours baby didnt poo for 6 days and the health visitor came out put a tiny bit of vaseline on her little finger and put her finger slightly in his bum and pressed downwards a few times to stimulate something and he filled 5 nappies with poo in a row, she never even put the nappies on him lol she just had to hold them under his bum x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->