Mattress protector for cot.... Are they safe??

starrybean

Proud Mom of One
Reaction score
My lo is so dribbly at the moment with her teeth & a cold that I bought a mattress protector for her cot as sometimes her sheets are so wet, I've had to change them in the night.

I was just wondering if they are reccomended/safe?? I have the one from Asda which is 75% cotton & 25% polyester I think...

Do you use one?? My lo is 11 months old :thumbup: :flower:

i used one from birth with my babies, as long as you follow the SIDS guidelines you're ok to use one.
the rule of thumb is... to put the liner below the head height, so baby can breath through the matress if they're lead on their tummy.

We use one, though I never thought about them being unsafe. We have the terry-topped kind with a breathable waterproof layer underneath. It's supposed to keep them from overheating as with plastic undersheets. Our mattress does have a removable cover but it seems awkward to take it off and wash it.

I guess if you buy a specific cot one (I assume you'd need to, so it's the right size) that they would be safe and would be breathable.

x

our has a waterproof protective thing already on it came with it and we never thought anything of it xx

Thank you :)

Cinnamum, my lo is a big fidget in bed so I couldn't aim to put it below her head as she can end up completely the other end of her cot than she started!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->