Max Robert 1.11.10 - Induction Birth (non scary!)

claire911

Mum to Max :)
Reaction score
Wasnt quite the birth we planned but is anyones :haha:

I was due the 26th October and was booked for a sweep on the 1st November but :baby: had other ideas!

Waters broke 345am on the 30th Oct (what a gush!!!) so rung delivery suite who gave me the once over. Nothing was really happening so they sent me home and told me to call back Sunday morning at 8am. They couldnt leave me too long as my waters had gone. Had contractions all day Saturday and Saturday night, went to the delivery suite Sunday morning and they told me I was a finger tip dilated!!!!!!! They gave me the prostaglandin pessary which takes 6 hours so was told to go wandering around the hospital grounds......with contractions and a tens machine, joy! After 6 hours my contractions stopped and I was given syntocin which meant the contractions could be more painful so I opted for an epidural at this stage as I still wasnt dilated and hadnt slept for 2 nights! Contractions had started again by this point so I used my TENS machine until the anaesthetist arrived an hour and half later! I think this was about 9pm, anaesthetist came about 1030pm. Epidural was just fab! It was a mild one so I could still feel my legs and felt some contractions. Fast forward (lol!) to 930am Monday morning when I could feel some pressure down below and told the midwives who had a look and said I was ready to push :wohoo: Max was born at 10.23am all naturally :cloud9: No hideous wrips or tears just abit of a graze apparently :)

I was absolutely dreading the birth, had built it up in my head as something awful just because friends etc had told me their awful stories and their friends of friends stories but it wasnt that bad at all. I really enjoyed the pushing part actually ;)

I think you will agree that Max is rather gorgeous :thumbup:

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 47
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 52
congrats! he's really adorable :) glad to hear labour didn't go too badly (minus the no sleep for 2 days!) how much did he weigh? :flower:

Pleased to hear you had a nice stress-free labour :) What a beautiful little boy! x

Gorgeous hun :cloud9: Congratulations xxx

Aw hun congratulations!!! He can be Isabella's first boyfriend lol! xxx

He is amazing Hon, and well done you!!!

not only did you make a gem but you delivered like a true hero!!!!

Pat on the back!!!

I cant wait to see you both!!! we must fix a date now!!!

xxx

oh hes so cute hun well done !! hope mine decides to arrive soon !!!

thankyou for sharing your story!

congratulations! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"