May 2010 Clomid Round 2 Buddies

lola13

Reaction score
This thread is Chapter 2 of "First Clomid Cycle Buddy". The first thread ended on a high note with our first success story, Daisii :happydance:

I can't wait to see what's in store for us this time!

Found our new thread-thanks for getting it going! Its gonna be a bfp-filled month:)

Afternoon ladies,

I finish my last clomid tablet tonight so am well and truly on to my second cycle now! Started taking it before I went to bed this cycle but I can't seem to sleep at night. I have heard that clomid can do that to us! Another side effect has been 'hot sweats' - I have been waking up dripping wet!

How is everyone ? Anyone doing anything nice for the bank holiday weekend (in the UK)?? What are my international buddies up to?

Kel, sorry to hear the insomnia is getting you this time. Last cycle I took it at 9PM & was unable to sleep through the night from that first pill. I think I'll try taking it earlier in the day to see if that helps. I also got night sweats during second half of the cycle - woke up sweating heavily & burning up - thought maybe I'd already hit menopause!

My doctor is keeping me on 100mg this cycle, taking it CD5-9. I don't know why she's got me at 100mg, but since my CM was still fine last time, I'm rolling with it.

DH & I will be car shopping today - fun! However, it will be his car, so slightly less fun for me. The car we're trading in is a family vehicle, expecting we'd have at least a kid or two by now. Oh well, the new one will have room for them as well :)

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for all your "congratulations" messages, it is no nice to be able to tell someone!!!! I keep POAS just to double check!!!!!!! It had better be a sticky little bean!!!!

Also best of luck to everyone for round two. I have fingers crossed that you all will get a BFP soon. And we can all go over to the 1st trimester forum together!!!!!:thumbup:

daisi-PRAYING PRAYING for sticky sticky bean!! I am feeling very positive:) HEy i forgot you were on cycle one of clomid right? Just such great motivation and positive thinking as i start my first cycle:)

Evening ladies!

It's great to see everyone over here, and gearing up for an exciting new month!

Lola, thanks for your beautiful wrap-up in our last thread - I loved it.
And good luck with the car shopping today! We didn't buy the family car when we started trying (which was pretty wise as it turns out!!) but I can't wait to upgrade from our 2-door when we finally do get pregnant. We have been driving around in the old one for way too long, thinking that any second I would be pg and we'd have an excuse to get rid of it - lol!

Kel I didn't realise you'd finished the next round of clomid tablets already - that is awesome! I had a bit of insomnia when I took them too, as I recall. I didn't get any hot flushes, but I know that's a really common one. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end!

Daisi, how are you feeling today, pregnant lady??? And when do you have your first doctor's appointment? I want to know everything!

Sarlar, you must be getting results from your day 21 bloods soon - let us know how that goes. And AF must be due soonish too, right?

I start on my first lot of medication tomorrow, so the IVF journey begins! I will be lagging behind you girls a bit of course. If all goes well, I am hoping to get my BFP at the end of next month. So I will be on hand to support anyone who doesn't get one this cycle!

Now excuse me ladies, I must go read the paper.... :paper:

Dear ladies,

firstly congratulations to Daisi.....I pray for a STRONG STICKY BEAN hun....take care..so when is ur 1st appointment? make sure u take all the necessary tests...good luck..

Ive finished with my 2nd round of clomid too just before 3 days...my doc didnt increase the dosage am still on 50mgs coz he believes this is inducing Ovo for me...good god lets hope thats we all get our BFP this month...

lola,salar,MrsJA and dizzikel...I too had and still have severe side effects this month..I too took the tablets in the night..and I dont get sound sleep and I get sweaty in the nights..YUCK :-( and also most of the days I get up with headaches...real bad ones...but I hope getting a BFP will make all these nasty pains vanish...

I wish you all good luck this month and lets all stay in touch and also try and be POSITIVE this month for our BFP....
baby dust to all...lets all pray for our sticky bean...

morning all,

kel: I had the same side effects. al teast you're on the countdown to ov now. Good luck sweetie.

Lola: good luck with the car shopping and the increased dose. Fingers crossed you will need at least a five door if not a people carrier soon!!!!!

MrsJA.... the story continues.... good luck and tell us all the details of IVF.

Sarlar yes it was round one for me. I posted that I was on 50mg but clearly I can't count!!! I was on 50mg twice a day! Which is clearly 100mg! took it days 2-6. Best of luck. Thanks for the prayers for a sticky bean. I keep telling it that it had better be sticky!

FaithP: thanks for the prayers. And good luck with this round.

I so so so so so so want you all to get BFP's. You are all lovely and not only do you all deserve it but I want us all to be pregnant together!

I will make an appointment to see the doctors hopefully tuesday, if not wednesday. My doctors are odd, you can only phone them the morning of the day you want the appointment!!! SO frustrating. Will keep you all posted.

Well good morning ladies!

Good to see everyone is starting to move over to join us on our next chapter!

I am after some advice ladies. Got up this morning CD7 and thought I had better start using my fertility monitor (even though I did not peak until CD16 last month). Managed to forget about using it :shrug: (silly me)...but then remembered and squeezed a little wee out! PMSL! When the CBFM came up with a high I thought that was no great surprise given this happened last month BUT.....when I took the testing strip out, both lines were as dark as each other! :wacko: Now I know you should not really look at these but I know that the second line does get darker the closer the ov (this happened last month). So my question is.. does anyone know if you can ovulate this early (CD7) as it looks like it might happen very soon. Now ignore me for being totally :wacko: but given it is only CD7... could I be pg and not know???? Does pg show up on ovulation kits??? I know it is a long shot but I am thinking that I should maybe test later today just to make sure.

Lola: decided to take clomid at about 5pm last night and I managed to sleep right through the night which is great! :thumbup:

Dasii: look after your little bean.... and congrats again! :happydance:

Mrs JA: How exciting that you are starting IVF so soon! That is amazing news... and will not be long until you get your BFP! :hugs:

Faith: Good luck for this cycle :hugs:

Right I am off to imagine pg symptoms....... have a lovely day everyone!

Kel xx

why dont you girls on here join the clomid club there are lots of girls on there xx xx

Kel, interesting...it certainly can't hurt to test for pg. They do say an ovulation test will be + if you're preggers. I've read you usually Ov 7 days after last pill, but of course you could be earlier. Since CBFM will give you more high's on clomid, why don't you also do a regular OPK during the day? That will help you BD the night before your Peak. I did that last cycle & it gave me peace of mind. We need all of that we can get!

Hello to you all the other ladies - sorry to rush. I have a family day planned & need to get on the road.

Caz - thanks for the invite & I'm sure I'll pop over there occasionally. I do keep tabs on all the clomid girls! In the meantime, we'll keep this thread going, too. We've gotten pretty close & for me personally, I sometimes get lost on the larger threads.

Kel, interesting...it certainly can't hurt to test for pg. They do say an ovulation test will be + if you're preggers. I've read you usually Ov 7 days after last pill, but of course you could be earlier. Since CBFM will give you more high's on clomid, why don't you also do a regular OPK during the day? That will help you BD the night before your Peak. I did that last cycle & it gave me peace of mind. We need all of that we can get!

Hello to you all the other ladies - sorry to rush. I have a family day planned & need to get on the road.

Caz - thanks for the invite & I'm sure I'll pop over there occasionally. I do keep tabs on all the clomid girls! In the meantime, we'll keep this thread going, too. We've gotten pretty close & for me personally, I sometimes get lost on the larger threads.

ho ok hunnie xx xx

I'm on my second round of Clomid.. I have my follicle check tomorrow to see if going up to 100mg worked.. (The first time I did 50mg and it didn't, no ovulation, only small follicles)..

lola: have a great time car shopping. i have found that even little days out like those are great to take our mind off of everything!! I bought my family car last year thinking i would already be pregnant by now!!

mrsja-congrats on starting the IVF!! So happy you are able to jump right in right away!! keep us posted on all the details!

daisi-let us know all about the dr. we know how we are about every detail!! feeling sick at all yet? take care of mommy and bean!!

faith-sorry to hear about the side effects i am starting clomid after af gets here so i am a little nervous of how i will feel!! when do you normally ov? are you testing?

kel-well i am not totally sure but i do know it is possible to o that early, however i am not sure how viable with that long of a luteal phase. it is also possible to have a positive o test when pregnant. how was your last af? was it normal, heavy, long?? did you test at all or just think bfn when af arrived? when did you o last month? i would say that you can always test to put yourself at ease.

they say test 7 day after your last pill hun xx xx

having my progesterone level drawn today:) Ill post results later today!!

Morning ladies,

I am in total shock! Following my positive OPK yesterday morning, I did a HPT last night and got :bfp:!!!!:loopy::loopy::loopy: Tested with a clear blue digital this morning and got a Pregnant 1-2 weeks!

Now...... as most of you know I had a bleed on CD27 so have already taken my second cycle of clomid! I had no idea that I was pg and am now s*****g myself that I have harmed the baby!

OMG OMG OMG!

Kel xx

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 13
:yipee::yipee::headspin::headspin::wohoo::wohoo::loopy:=D>

I am SOOO excited for you!!! Congrats Mama!!!!

OMG!!!!!!! That is amazing!! So what was your bleed like - how heavy, how many days? How do you feel? Details please!!! Call your doctor today about having taken the clomid. I'm off to google it now.

Congrats, Mamma Kel!!!!!!

Editing to add a helpful link. Read this and breathe!! https://www.mamapedia.com/article/helptook-clomid-while-pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->