May I Have My Badge Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fides

Reaction score
I'm currently weaning my 13 month old from bottles to cups. That's right - we made it to the 13 month milestone for bottle-feeding! :happydance: That's a LOT of sterilizing, boiling, washing, warming, waiting, prepping, measuring, estimating, tracking, drying, stressing, crying, etc.

But, where are our badges, ladies? Why no cutesy little animal saying I made it through 13 months of bottle feeding my son? :baby:

It's hard to put a badge on something that awesome? :haha:

Congrats!! I'm so excited to give my daughter her first bottle... spent an afternoon picking out all of the bottles and accessories for the registry while daydreaming!

It's hard to put a badge on something that awesome? :haha:

Congrats!! I'm so excited to give my daughter her first bottle... spent an afternoon picking out all of the bottles and accessories for the registry while daydreaming!

awww, yay!!! i'm actually pretty excited to try out my new Born Free bottles with my next baby b/c i think they'll work better than the ones we used with my 13 mo old... anyway, happy shopping! :thumbup:

I agree - should be something to celebrate all the hard work that goes into bottle feeding - it's work! Congrats on your milestone :)

LOL.

I do wish there was a FF blinky without it looking horribly guilty or defensive. anyone got any to share?

LOL.

I do wish there was a FF blinky without it looking horribly guilty or defensive. anyone got any to share?

Please noooo nooooo nooooo no more blinkies! About the only ones we don't have on this site sometimes are "nose picking, toe-nail biting mummy" ones!

That's a cute idea! :) I just Googled without much luck at all. No milestone FF badges that I've come across. I'd totally make some if I were better at Photoshop! One of these days I may play around with it. Congratulations, by the way! :D My daughter's still having one bottle a day but she dropped the rest on her own right before her first birthday! Going to start all over again soon here. :p

LOL.

Please noooo nooooo nooooo no more blinkies! About the only ones we don't have on this site sometimes are "nose picking, toe-nail biting mummy" ones!

:lol: I'm such a sucker for cute blinkies, can't help it! :)

Now I know I am in a very small minority here on this site but it isn't so much the blinkies that bother me, it's all the tickers!
I want to design one that tells people how long it is since I last picked my nose.

yes we should have ff blinkies! its a lot of work! and so worth it :)

kat2504 i like all the tickers! i love to see how old all the babes are and if any of the ladies are pregnant. i have no ticker, but ive just been too lazy to get one lol!

The pregnancy ones are ok and the baby age ones are ok too I suppose. I have seen tickers though that tell you what point someone is at in their menstrual cycle and I reckon that is probably TMI!

I wholeheartedly agree with having bottle feeding tickers!! Or the principle, at least. As breastfeeders themselves say, "its so much easier to just whip out a boob without fussing over washing and sterilising bottles" so damn right we should be proud!

Although that said, I can't help but feel the breastfeeding mummies might get a little peeved at this thread as it kiiiiiiinda looks like an attack or a dig or something...

*goes to hide*

I can make some if people like? You'd have to all decide on what animal you want though. Nothing too guilty, no Denver dogs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ISzf2pryI :haha:

Seriously though, happy to do some. It is work and if you want blinkies we shall have them! :D

I wholeheartedly agree with having bottle feeding tickers!! Or the principle, at least. As breastfeeders themselves say, "its so much easier to just whip out a boob without fussing over washing and sterilising bottles" so damn right we should be proud!

Although that said, I can't help but feel the breastfeeding mummies might get a little peeved at this thread as it kiiiiiiinda looks like an attack or a dig or something...

*goes to hide*

I actually think it's a great idea. You guys do really hard work and should be proud of it. BF gets easier but FF doesn't so I think you definitely should have blinkies if you want without feeling the need to justify anything :flower: I combifed in the beginning due to supply and latch issues and it was suuuuch a pain in the ass to make bottles. I didn't have to make too many but I can only imagine how it is to make 10-12 of them a day/night (especially at night!) I was talking to mom about this recently and she told me that she purposefully put to me bed late so that I wouldn't wake in the middle of the night to feed so she wouldn't have to make bottles.

*goes to hide*

Oh they get peeved by our very existence anyway - keeps 'em busy.

flamingpanda - That video is so cute! The reaction, haha! Reminds me of the family dog.. she's as guilty as they come. Always into everything!:lol:

Gosh there are so many cute animals.. no idea which one I'd choose!

Thought about it - how about a hedgehog? :)

Thread closed!

I fail to see how it is anything OTHER than attack on other members of the community :nope:

Per forum rules and TOS:

Antisocial, discriminatory or offensive messages and quotes (intended or otherwise) aimed at the community at large, certain demographics (including parenting styles) or specific members, are not permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"