Mayas Weight Gain (again!!)

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Sorry, I know you guys must get bored of me updating on Mayas weight gain but im truely amazed at it lol!

On Friday she was 7lb 14oz. Today at her 6 week check she was 8lb 6oz! Wow oh wow! Thats gone on so fast!

Im trying her on Cow&Gate for hungrier babies today!! She just doesnt seem satisfied with the usual one, the lil piglet!!

That's good. Considering she was so small at birth she's catching up now!
Just noticed that she was born on the same day as my LO.
He's getting weighed tomorrow. He was 7lb 15oz at birth, last week was 9lb 13oz I'm expecting this week he'll be about 10lb 4oz maybe?!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

so glad to hear that sweetie! Maya is really thriving isn't she?!!!

Last Friday wee Ali got weighed (almost typied laid there:dohh:) and he weighed 9pds 1oz. he is now wearing 0-3 month old clothes - we went on a huge shopping spree at the weekend and bought him loads of new clothes!

our tiny babies are really doing well aren't they......i am so proud.

he is due his vaccinations on the 1st of oct so getting him weighed again. hopefully another gain on the way.

:hug:

Christine
XXX

Last Friday wee Ali got weighed (almost typied laid there:dohh:) and he weighed 9pds 1oz. he is now wearing 0-3 month old clothes - we went on a huge shopping spree at the weekend and bought him loads of new clothes!

he is due his vaccinations on the 1st of oct so getting him weighed again. hopefully another gain on the way.

Christine
XXX

Awww Ali is doing fab as well!! They don't seem so small now do they?

Maya can still wear newborn but her babygrows seem tight round her toes now so tomorrow i'll be sorting her 0-3 stuff out! So excited, she has some lovely 0-3 bits & bobs to wear. Is Ali still feeding every 2 hours or is he stretching it out now? Mayas feeding 3 hours so i'm hoping if I switch her on to Cow&Gate for hugrier babies maybe she'll go that bit longer between feeds??

Christine
XXX

Awww Ali is doing fab as well!! They don't seem so small now do they?

Maya can still wear newborn but her babygrows seem tight round her toes now so tomorrow i'll be sorting her 0-3 stuff out! So excited, she has some lovely 0-3 bits & bobs to wear. Is Ali still feeding every 2 hours or is he stretching it out now? Mayas feeding 3 hours so i'm hoping if I switch her on to Cow&Gate for hugrier babies maybe she'll go that bit longer between feeds??

hi hun
he seems to feed frequently through the day. he takes in anything from 90-120 mls per feed (roughly every 2-3 hours through the day). he only wakes up once during the night now:happydance: and when he wakes up for that feed he has a 5oz bottle.

and yes, he doesn't seem so small now!:cloud9:

Nice one Maya!!

I tried Chloe on hungry baby milk and it made no difference to her feeding pattern whatsoever, but I know it works for some, good luck with it

Nice one Maya!!

I tried Chloe on hungry baby milk and it made no difference to her feeding pattern whatsoever, but I know it works for some, good luck with it

Ive taken her off the hungry milk already lol!!

After her first bottle on it she was really grouchy & kept screaming as if in pain :( She was up all of last night near enough. Ive put it down to the milk

Shes been back on regular Cow&Gate now & has gone to sleep perfectly!!

Nice one Maya!!

After her first bottle on it she was really grouchy & kept screaming as if in pain :( She was up all of last night near enough. Ive put it down to the milk

Exactly the same happened with Chloe. She screamed (Chloe is NEVER sick) and would not settle. After one feed of usual milk she was back to normal.

Nice one Maya!!

Exactly the same happened with Chloe. She screamed (Chloe is NEVER sick) and would not settle. After one feed of usual milk she was back to normal.

Im glad Maya isn't the only baby to act like that with it

I very nearly let her go another 24 hours on it just to be sure it was the milk bothering her!!

I had Chloe on normal milk for a couple of days then did a couple of feeds on hungry baby again and she reacted the same- was definitely the milk, no doubt about it

Maybe there lil tummys are just too small

I know i'll be too scared to try it for a while now

I'll try again in a month or so I think, although i think she'll be on the cheeseburgers before then!

thats fab!! Courtney was only 8lb 7 and a half today :( slowed down!!

Mayas doing brilliantly xx

Fantastic that she is gaining weight! Sounds like you're doing a fab job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->