Maybe a stupid question....but where...?

hedgewytch13

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm hopeful for a homebirth but was wondering where is everyone planning on giving birth...the bedroom...the living room....? I know it sounds stupid :blush: But it's bothering me....:dohh:

We are planning for a home/waterbirth and will be setting up the birthing pool in our bedroom. I figure for early labor I can walk around the house as I please and then when things get further along I will probably just move to the bedroom. The bedroom is a place where I go for some quiet time a lot lately and is very comfortable for me plus we have a full bathroom right there. We have a toddler so for us it seemed best to have birth in a seperate room. :flower:

i had aj in my living room x

I'm planning a water birth so in the kitchen lol

Easy to put the pipes on the taps to top up with hot water and easy to pump water out into the sink! Also it's wood floor so a bit easier to keep clean and stop chance of carpets getting wet.

We're planning to have it in the living room as I have a funny fear that the pool maybe too heavy for the upstairs floor and I don't want to come crashing down through the ceiling! lol. Also it's easier for setting up in there.

I gave birth on my living room floor, leaning on the sofa. I set up the bed anyway with 2 sets of sheets and a waterproof cover in between just in case I wanted to use it.

I plan to give birth wherever I start pushing.... I'm not really set on a specific spot. I'll be setting my birth pool up in the kitchen so I might be there, alternatively I might be in the kitchen which is quite close and just around the corner from my kitchen... or perhaps I'll be in the living room which is just a few steps away from my bedroom and kitchen as well.... or maybe I'll be in the bathroom and won't want to leave from there.....

Obviously the exact location isn't something I'm too concerned with.

Our pool will be set up in the sitting room, basically in front of the woodburner - our house is open plan so it should all be pretty warm, just in case I don't like the pool!

It depends when it happens, probably kneeling up or on all fours on my bed but I'm not adverse to squatting in the living room if I feel like it at the time. I'll set my bed up and have a shower curtain and pads handy in the living room.

Thank you for all your replies. I think downstairs will probably be more practical for me, my bedroom is quite small and the bathroom is downstairs. I was just curious what other peoples plans were...whether people set up camp in one location or waited to see what happened. :thumbup:

I haven't thought about that actually. I plan to have a birth pool so will probably end up being either the living room or dining room maybe. Maybe our bedroom if I moved a few things around.

We ended up on the floor of my bedroom this time around. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->