Maybe A Stupid Question

Andypanda6570

3 Boys and an Angel Ava
Reaction score
I had 3 healthy boys and my loss of Ava at 18 weeks has gotten me to ask this question. Do you think it is possible for a women to maybe only be able to carry a specific gender? Is there any studies on this/ i am just wondering . Any info would be greatly appreciated . Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

My mum miscarried a boy and then lost a boy at 27 weeks (at that point they didnt try to save him) She then went on to have two healthy pregnancys with girls and has always said that maybe she can't carry boys. So sorry for your loss x

I don't know Hun :hugs:
I have heard people say that is their theory, my sister had 2 boys then lost one she thought was agirl and her MIL had 3 boys and lost a girl ...
It could just be coincidence..:shrug:
It may be something to ask a medical proffessional... who will know if there is any medical evidence....
:hugs: to u!!! xxxx
I do understand all the questions though.. i had 3 healthy children then an 18 week loss, and they found no reason for him to die..:( i keep trying to find an answer , but there doesn't seem to be one.... i wondered if i just shouldn't have more than 3 children, but i am pregnant again and am scared everyday that i will lose him.... and i am hoping that 4 is my number and not 3!!

Are u feeling ready to TTC again?

hi hun, i have heard women say they cant carry one or the other but i dont know if theres any studies or anything done. i know my neighbour has 5 girls and miscarried 2 boys in between having the girls and she always reckons she cant carry boys but no one ever confirmed it for her i dont even know how they would go about it!!! hope your doing well hun thinking of you and Ava lots xxx :hugs: jojo

I have heard people say that is their theory, my sister had 2 boys then lost one she thought was agirl and her MIL had 3 boys and lost a girl ...
It may be something to ask a medical proffessional... who will know if there is any medical evidence....
I do understand all the questions though.. i had 3 healthy children then an 18 week loss, and they found no reason for him to die..:( i keep trying to find an answer , but there doesn't seem to be one.... i wondered if i just shouldn't have more than 3 children, but i am pregnant again and am scared everyday that i will lose him.... and i am hoping that 4 is my number and not 3!!

Yes, I am feeling ready to try again , but I am terrified. I can't find any proof of what I am thinking about the carrying of different genders :shrug: What in
God's name would be a reason for that?
maybe I can try again and find some info, Thanks to all for helping me./xooxoxoxoxoxox:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes, I am feeling ready to try again , but I am terrified. I can't find any proof of what I am thinking about the carrying of different genders :shrug: What in
maybe I can try again and find some info, Thanks to all for helping me./xooxoxoxoxoxox:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs: PAL is terrifying....
but so worth it to get a rainbow baby at the end..:hugs:
I hope TTC is easy on you and u get your rainbow XXXX :friends:

You are such an inspiration to me, I don't even know you but I love ya///
xoxoxoxooxxo Always here is you need a friend :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Im the same as you hun, i lost jessica at 18 weeks last july, after two healthy boys and am now pregnant again with boy num 3 and i have thought that maybe i cant carry a girl, idid ask the consultant and she said that there is not much evidence that women cant carry girls and its more common for women not to be able to carry boys. But who knows Like you i will never forget her! xx

Im the same as you hun, i lost jessica at 18 weeks last july, after two healthy boys and am now pregnant again with boy num 3 and i have thought that maybe i cant carry a girl, idid ask the consultant and she said that there is not much evidence that women cant carry girls and its more common for women not to be able to carry boys. But who knows Like you i will never forget her! xx

It's really scaring me, cause what if I do conceive again and it's a girl, I will be terrified. I don't know where to look for some data on this?

Anything is possible and so many i know have had m/c with certain sex but have gone on to have the opposite sex, Sorry for your loss hun xx

Every minute of everyday was a worry at the beginning an emotional rollercoaster esp going for scans this should have been a happy time but i was terrified every time,i am getting a bit better now because i am feeling him kick alot but im also aware of how quick he can be taken from me, and that theres no garentee until im holding him in my arms! i think i would be more worried if i was carrying a girl but because i have two boys who were fine and healthy all through my pregnancy, im hoping this one will be.

It did cross my mind that maybe i was only meant to have two children, but i needed to try just one more time. This was my last attempt and thankfully all is fine so far it is scary and theres alot of tears along the way, i wish you all the best hunxx

You are such an inspiration to me, I don't even know you but I love ya///
xoxoxoxooxxo Always here is you need a friend :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Awwww thanks :friends: u made me cry :cry: hormones eh!!!

always here for u too!!!! we can get each other thru the rollercoaster of PAL XXXXXX

Every minute of everyday was a worry at the beginning an emotional rollercoaster esp going for scans this should have been a happy time but i was terrified every time,i am getting a bit better now because i am feeling him kick alot but im also aware of how quick he can be taken from me, and that theres no garentee until im holding him in my arms! i think i would be more worried if i was carrying a girl but because i have two boys who were fine and healthy all through my pregnancy, im hoping this one will be.

It did cross my mind that maybe i was only meant to have two children, but i needed to try just one more time. This was my last attempt and thankfully all is fine so far it is scary and theres alot of tears along the way, i wish you all the best hunxx

thats exactly how i've felt with this pregnancy!! :friends:
it does help the kicking!!:thumbup:

Hunni,
Try not to stress out at thought that some reason why you can't carry a girl. I hate to say it as I hate it when people said it to me but sometimes these things just happen. My neighbour had a healthy boy, then had to late m/c 1 at 14 weeks and 1 at 15 weeks then had a healthy girl and a boy. No reason in middle why she lost her babies. I will say to you what I said in another thread. Consultant told me that I need to accept that I have lost my baby before I try again. That if go onto another pregnancy while I still havnt dealt with losing him and any problems etc it will consume me. Told me that you will never forget him and will think about him every day but need to accept that you lost him. I put scan pics, hat, toy, memory blanket and little prayer card that I had for him in a fancy box and put it away. Never to forget him and I will think of him every day but he cant be my main focus any more. I can't move on to next step of my ttc journey while he is my main focus.
Ava has grown her wings and moved on and I know it is easier said that done but you need to accept that she has moved on and so must you. I know how hard it is when you didnt get any answers why you lost her but if you make decision to try again you need to try to stay positive and not dwell on the past or it will overwhelm you. These things knock us down but we need to force ourselves back up again and carry on or we will never realise that bundle of joy at the end.

Hey Chicka!♥

Sorry I won't be of ANY help on this matter but you know I HAVE to stop in and say HI! lol .. : D
I have 4 healthy children...I have 2 girls & 2 boys .. I haven't heard of this study or saying before , interesting i think, I guess I can carry both .. ?? Well can't say that really, guess I can get preg with both , there that is more accurate : D .. So, total .. I've been preg with 3 girls & 2 boys .. My baby #4 was a boy & barely made it, my body kicked him out "evicted him" at 26 weeks sooo thought maybe my body kicks the boys out earlier but then lil Emma came along soooo not sure ...

I am super super excited that you are thinking about TTC!!! WooT WooT!! You have to keep us all posted!!! : D

Sending lots of Loves to You and Ava♥

Kelly & Lil Emma.... ♥ Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"