MC and no clots ?

Alloyd

Reaction score
Hi
I was 9w4d and had some bright red bleeding. Scan showed baby passed at 7w4 days (only two days after my normal ultrasound showing the heartbeat). The next day I had a couple of hours of heavier bleeding then tapered off. I had one tiny clot passed and one larger clot but only maybe pinky sized in width. I had an appt she gave me cytotec tablets to use x2. I did this and it really didn't change anything, bleeding didn't become heavier and no cramping. I asked if this seemed ok because she made it sound like it would make cramps and bleeding severe, speeding things along. I really wanted this over with and to avoid a D&C. She gave me another set of pills. Anyone have any experience with this? Also, she told me to check 7-10 days for pregnancy test. If positive need another ultrasound. Not sure truly how long it'll take for HCG level to trend down.

I had something similar last year. I drank several cups of red raspberry leaf tea and passed the baby the same day. Even my Dr was surprised as he did it would have taken a week. During another mc a few years ago I was also given cytotec and it did nothing for me either. I never passed any large clots but my hpt went negative about a week later. Sorry for your loss. I'm going through another one right now. Not bleeding too heavy or passing clots but really ready for it to happen so I can start trying again.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I only passed clots on the last few days of my bleeding, but I was able to do it without medication so I'm not sure if it's different.

I wrote about my missed miscarriage experience on a blog I just started today. I see they're not allowing me to post the link to the blog because I'm too new to this site, so if you're interested in reading about my natural miscarriage that took 20 weeks to complete from the time the baby stopped developing, googling "longest natural miscarriage ever" should hopefully take you there. Please share it with anyone who needs to read something like it.

So sorry you're going through this. :( I'm headed into my fifth m/c and second mmc and my body isn't progressing either. Argh.

Anyways my last mmc, I took Cytotec, and it didn't seem to do much. I was just over 7w at the time but measuring about a week behind. I took a total of 4 rounds of Cytotec because even though I did start bleeding it seemed nothing heavier than a medium-ish period, no extra clots, pretty crampy but not horrible. I went to the ER to get checked (my fertility clinic was closed since it was Xmas) and it turns out I had passed the fetal tissues for the most part, so despite the light bleeding I passed what mattered. I only ended up bleeding like a week in total, not that heavy, but the following normal AF after that was *horrible*. So I think for me the lining just doesn't shed all the way till the cycle after.

I was told that HCG halves at about the same rate as it increases, so it should halve every 48 hours approx. For me with the mmc it took about a month for me to get bfn's again. Right now I'm at over 8w but the fetus was measuring 2 weeks behind, so I'm guessing my hcg levels are close to a 6w pregnancy than an 8w and I'm really hoping that means it won't take forever to go to bfn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->