mc at 5weeks 3days

susan123

Reaction score
hi this is still very raw for me.... after trying for 3yrs and on 3rd round of clomid i finally got the long awaited bfp only i had spotting for a few days before i found out which carried on for another week which led to a period bleed.... i have had no pain my hcg levels were 176 and 2days later they have only gone down to 168... nurse at hospital said it dont look good and there is obviously a problem and not everyone is text book!!!! and to come back in a weeks time for more bloods...

rang the nurse at my docs surgery and she said i can take it that i have miscarried (why couldnt the nurse at hospital say this)... i only bled for 2days and spotted for 2days...

do i count the day i started bleeding as day1 of my next cycle?... is it safe to start trying so soon ?..

could this miscarriage have been prevented noone has even checked my progesterone levels and in my heart i think this may have been the cause cos i always spotted mid cycle and before periods

could this miscarriage maybe have sorted these issues for the better?

I'm not experienced in this area but didn't want to read and run. It sounds as if you had a very early MC and as you tested caught some of the HCG in your body that was decreasing.
They say there is no way to prevent these kinds if mc if that's the case as they seem to have more to do with chromosomal abnormalities.
Since you have been ttc for 3yrs and on clomid, I'm guessing your just boosting ovulation? If that's the case you truly had no affect on this happening, just stay as healthy as you can and take your vitamins.
I've read clomid doesn't affect getting pregnant (implantation) only that it can affect your cm, so keep trying!
I am sorry you had to experience this but this absolutely was not your fault.

I am so sorry. It is a hard road. Just wanted to offer my hugs and support.

Could you ask your doctor to do a progesterone blood test. I think it is the one they do at cd23 or something like that. Spotting can mean low progesterone.
I am so very sorry for your loss.

the trouble is i kept saying to doc that ive got bleeding inbetween periods and my day 21 bloods always came back okish even if they were at the bottom of the scale for ovulation.... the FS dismissed it to so i feel like im banging my head against a brick wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->