McDonalds being sued for 'luring kids' with happy meals

It's in the actual meat processing plant. They treat beef with ammonia to kill off strains of e coli because farms are different now then they used to be. Did you go to the farm where the cow came from? One burger has pieces of a 1000 cows in it. They are standing in their own shit up to their ankles day in and out and then are slaughtered, and it goes into the meat. They then process the meat with ammonia to kill this, so we are all eating the chemical now. It is classified as a processing agent not an ingredient.

How do you think there are so many chickens in the world to even supply McDonalds alone? They have been genetically altered so they grow faster and have bigger breasts. Their legs can't even handle their huge size and they cannot walk, so they sit there in their own shit and the thousands of other chickens shit.

I did not just pull this shit out of my ass :rofl:

People have a right to demand wholesome food, especially from McDonalds as they are the biggest purcheser of all these ingredients, they are the ones that dictate how they are grown and processed.

https://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm

Most folks assume that a chicken nugget is just a piece of fried chicken, right? Wrong! Did you know, for example, that a McDonald's Chicken McNugget is 56% corn?

What else is in a McDonald's Chicken McNugget? Besides corn, and to a lesser extent, chicken, The Omnivore's Dilemma describes all of the thirty-eight ingredients that make up a McNugget * one of which I'll bet you'll never guess. During this part of the book, the author has just ordered a meal from McDonald's with his family and taken one of the flyers available at McDonald's called "A Full Serving of Nutrition Facts: Choose the Best Meal for You."

These two paragraphs are taken directly from The Omnivore's Dilemma:

"The ingredients listed in the flyer suggest a lot of thought goes into a nugget, that and a lot of corn. Of the thirty-eight ingredients it takes to make a McNugget, I counted thirteen that can be derived from corn: the corn-fed chicken itself; modified cornstarch (to bind the pulverized chicken meat); mono-, tri-, and diglycerides (emulsifiers, which keep the fats and water from separating); dextrose; lecithin (another emulsifier); chicken broth (to restore some of the flavor that processing leeches out); yellow corn flour and more modified cornstarch (for the batter); cornstarch (a filler); vegetable shortening; partially hydrogenated corn oil; and citric acid as a preservative. A couple of other plants take part in the nugget: There's some wheat in the batter, and on any given day the hydrogenated oil could come from soybeans, canola, or cotton rather than corn, depending on the market price and availability.

According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable.

But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill."

Bet you never thought that was in your chicken McNuggets!

My 2 year old isn't going to wander into McDonads and buy herself a Happy Meal. If she has one it's because I buy it :shrug:

https://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm
Bet you never thought that was in your chicken McNuggets!

ok, you took me to school. :haha:

I maintain that I dont think mcdonalds is at fault for parent's choosing to feedtheir kids happy meals, BUT I do thank you for this as I gained a lot of information I didn't know. :thumbup:

Yes, if you google there is a lot of articles. The thing is food is completely different these days, and the heads of the beef companies, etc are the ones that are in office for the FDA so no warning labels are put on the packaging. So a lot of people feeding this to their kids are maybe just thinking fat, salt and sugar content but that is not the only thing wrong with it. So yes people can use discretion about those 3 things, but what about the things that people are not educated about?

McDonalds also changed all food in America because they were the first fast food company and the first to turn meat etc into this factory produced food like substance. This E Coli strain wasn't even around until recent years, because cows never were subjected to these environments before.

:(

Has anyone seen the documentary Supersize Me?

TOTALLY agree with blackberry. mcdonalds has a history of animal mistreatment.

and all of this "x only has this amount of calories" means nothing - there is much, much more to food than calorie content. i'd be interested to know the saturated fat level of a cheeseburger, i'm convinced it would be high.

Has anyone seen the documentary Supersize Me?

i did.
Ridiculous.

A totally healthy guy gives up eating healthy and exercising and eats mcdonalds that much... well, DUH of course he is going to become ill! :shrug:

He put his body into like an unhealthy-food shock thing and tried to blame a fast food chain's food... if he had eased in to it, the effects would have taken longer to show, but he would not have been as sick, and that is how most people go about it (most people dont eat fast food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in the largest , most unhealthiest quantities...)... and then showed his health, that would have spoken more to me and made me pay attention. He just looked like an idiot.

Also, remember the guy who ate several big macs each day and was in super good shape? It'scause he excercised... supersize me guy gave up exercise. Idiot. :nope:

Just read this thread and I find it hilarious! How anyone can sue for their child wanting a McDonalds LMAO!

And McDonalds doesn't 'make' anyone fat, you make yourself fat from over-indulging on it every single day!

I have the occasional, well maybe more than I should McDonalds and before I got pregnant I was a UK size 6 and I'm in size 8 now..and the occasional size 8 maternity (I haven't found anywhere that stocks size 6 maternity)

It might be full of crap (in terms of all the chemicals :shock:) but I don't think someone can sue for it luring kids because at the end of the day it's up to the parent :shrug: x

Hmm, I guess everyone can go sue mcdonalds for false advertising and fradulent activity? They advertise 100% meat in their burgers and nuggets, grown on animal friendly farms and whatever else. Yet all this is apparently false. Which means they are acting fradulently because had I know what all these google articles are saying I would never purchase one.

Tell me why one of the biggest multi-national companies and possible the biggest fast food multi-national would run these risks?

Parents should take responsibility. You feed your child a happy meal. Mcdonalds does not force it down their throat. They use the same marketing other fast food chains do. Get over it and stop blaming everyone bar yourself (in response to the people in the article)

Well for one thing, in America, they are also on the FDA, so they dont really run any risks. Thats the problem.

And yes its up to the parent, but it also is cheaper to buy an under a dollar hamburger than to go buy veggies, WHICH is ridiculous! Because of all the subsidys they receive from the government. Many parents have no choice but to feed their kids this crap.

And just wanted to add, In the United States, 1 in 3 people will have Type 2 diabetes by 2050 if current trends continue, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The projections, released today, are alarming to U.S. health officials, who say the numbers highlight the need for interventions to keep the number of new cases from climbing.

Currently, 1 in 10 Americans has Type 2 diabetes. But if new cases develop as projected, its prevalence could double or triple over the next 40 years, said Ann Albright, director of the Division of Diabetes Translation at the CDC.

i know i would eat healthier if it were more affordable :/

McDonalds is a fast food place. No one makes you eat it, no one forces anyone inside and a meal down their throat. If you have a meal yourself and let your children eat it too then you should take responsibility, not try to pass it off as though McDonalds is vicariously liable for your poor diet choices.
People need to step up and stop blaming their weight issues on everyone bar theirselves (unless due to a medical condition of course). Fast food is not a condition or disease, its a life choice.
Completely bullshit.
I'll go sue BK, McDonalds and KFC shall I? They made me plump in pregnancy.

McDonalds is a fast food place. No one makes you eat it, no one forces anyone inside and a meal down their throat. If you have a meal yourself and let your children eat it too then you should take responsibility, not try to pass it off as though McDonalds is vicariously liable for your poor diet choices.
People need to step up and stop blaming their weight issues on everyone bar theirselves (unless due to a medical condition of course). Fast food is not a condition or disease, its a life choice.
Completely bullshit.
I'll go sue BK, McDonalds and KFC shall I? They made me plump in pregnancy.

no one forces people into bars and pubs at happy hour and make them drink cheap drinks but they still do and binge drinking is a huge issue in this country, leading to illness, death and a huge strain on the NHS. there are so, so many restrictions on alcohol advertisement and promotions because of that reason. why should it be any different for food when it leads to the same? obesity is a huge (no pun intended) problem, particularly childhood obesity, and it's completely irresponsible to aim adverts or such meals at children.

Exactly. And now cheap drinks are illegal in Alberta, because it encourages people to get hammered. Now there is a limit on how low the price can be. I think the same should be for food that isnt even food.

I'm sure alcohol advertisement is still legal? They're just a little stricter and have 'drink responsibly' in small letters at the bottom. I'm sure advertisements don't hypnotise you to go and do things. It's your own personal responsibility to decide what you put into you body not a fast food or alcohol company.

Well speaking of alcohol if you go out one night, get smashed and end up in hospital with failing livers/alcohol poisoning would you even think to sue the bar who served you? Don't be daft.
Why is McDonalds any different? Its just supply and demand.
The minute we stop being a nanny state and wanting everything we should do laid on a plate and then blaming everyone else when something goes wrong will be a god send.
You choose to eat McDonalds or drink alcohol you take responsibility for it. No point blaming others because you cxant stop your child having a happy meal or wanting one too many burgers.
Its ridiculous. Responsibility, that's all.

And as for the adverts, in the UK they arte only allowed to be shown after a certain time because alcohol isn't for children and they must have "drink responsibly" on the bottom plus the drink aware website. That is all. We can still have cheap drinks. Once place I know is £1 any drink all night on a Thursday, named "skint thursdays"

Well speaking of alcohol if you go out one night, get smashed and end up in hospital with failing livers/alcohol poisoning would you even think to sue the bar who served you? Don't be daft.
Why is McDonalds any different? Its just supply and demand.
The minute we stop being a nanny state and wanting everything we should do laid on a plate and then blaming everyone else when something goes wrong will be a god send.
You choose to eat McDonalds or drink alcohol you take responsibility for it. No point blaming others because you cxant stop your child having a happy meal or wanting one too many burgers.
Its ridiculous. Responsibility, that's all.

And as for the adverts, in the UK they arte only allowed to be shown after a certain time because alcohol isn't for children and they must have "drink responsibly" on the bottom plus the drink aware website. That is all. We can still have cheap drinks. Once place I know is £1 any drink all night on a Thursday, named "skint thursdays"

not true, all advertisements for alcohol are under strict restrictions. it's not just a case of putting together any old advert and then putting "drink responsibly" on the bottom - that's simply not the case. there are many restrictions for advertisement and sales and more and more will be implemented until inevitably the advertisements will probably be banned, as happened with cigarettes.

also your analogy depicting someone suing a bar they got drunk in is innacurate. no one is suing a particular mcdonalds because they always ate there and it made them fat - the case is about challenging the mcdonalds brand, not just a single place (which is how the comparison to alcohol can be drawn).

there was a time where all drugs were legal - opiates and all. there was supply and demand. should people just have taken responsibility for their own actions then? why not just make all drugs legal and be done with it? everyone knows the risks and it's up to them whether they still take them or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->