Meal ideas for a lactose intolerant baby

CantWaitToTTC

Reaction score
My almost 10 month old has a rare metabolic disease (MCADDs). Long story short, the only thing she has to avoid at her age is coconut. But unfortunately after her last hospital visit 2 months ago, she has become lactose intolerant.

For the life of me, I can't remember what foods I was giving my son at this stage 3 years ago. Due to her MCADDs I was relying on baby jars for meals (even though I wanted to do just BLW). Her dietician has given the go ahead for her to eat meals like us, but sticking with dairy free till she can tolerate it.

Now I have NO idea what to feed her. I don't know what types of food she can eat (due to her age AND allowing for her tollerance.

Any ideas please?! :wacko:

I have a severe dairy allergy so my daughter is not supposed to start trying dairy until about 1 year old as it runs in my family.

I give her any veggies and fruit she will eat, grains, meat etc. Instead of regular yogurt I give her soy yogurt (but not much as I am kind of freaked out by soy). It's actually really easy. If you need to cook anything in a pan use oil instead of butter.

My daughter is 7 months. She has eaten avocado, zucchini, oats, millet, lentils, sweet potato, all sorts of squash, kale, asparagus, yellow and red beets, banana, blueberries, strawberries, peas etc.

Is she definitely lactose intolerant or cow's milk protein intolerant?x

You might have a look at the finger foods list in here, but really there is so much she can have if all you're doing is avoiding dairy. Hummus, nut butter, mashed banana on toast, any kind of veg or meat based soup with bread for dipping, sliced banana, grapes, blueberries, melon sticks, cucumber sticks, strawberries, peas, porridge or non-dairy yogurt for dipping her fingers in, nut butter and mashed banana sandwiches, mashed potatoes, twice-baked potatoes, pasta, etc. Basically anything you make yourself, minus salt, sugar, honey and whole nuts, just made without dairy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->