Meal ideas??

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Right so Maddi is 7months on sunday and is having one meal per day and her usual bottles still.

Will be increasing it too two meals - breakfast and lunch - in a few days.

For lunch she normally has baby rice and a veg - so far we have tried carrot, potato and sweet potato. The potato didn't agree with her :dohh:

I have apple and parsnip for her to try next - was going to start:

breakfast - baby rice and apple
lunch - a veg (as above)

any other ideas of what i could try, feel like she isn't having enough varity!

sweet potato and onion mixed together is nice

and maybe try baby porridge, normal porridge, ready brek or similar for something different in the morning.

We do more BLW than purees, I don't know if you want to give her food she can eat herself? But, toast, cheese, cheese sandwiches, carrot sticks, pasta etc, all good food to hold and eat themselves.

She has cheesey mash, lots of veggies, she loves brocolli, the inside of a jacket potato with cheese..

I try to give her something similar to what I'm eating, even if it's just the veggies I'm having x

We do more BLW than purees, I don't know if you want to give her food she can eat herself? But, toast, cheese, cheese sandwiches, carrot sticks, pasta etc, all good food to hold and eat themselves.

She has cheesey mash, lots of veggies, she loves brocolli, the inside of a jacket potato with cheese..

I try to give her something similar to what I'm eating, even if it's just the veggies I'm having x

i'm happy to do both toria, such a good idea :)

Here are some handy sites hunni.
https://kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/index.html
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/parents/yourchildshealthandsafety/yourchildshealth/DG_10015284
xx

I have yet to find sweet potato over here in BG, is a normal potato ok? I know not as exciting, but would it do?

Like Toria, I find it easier just to give Ally finger foods really. Ally has avocado, pear, banana, carrot, toast, organix snacks, parsnip, apple, brocolli...loads of stuff. We even gave him spaghetti bolognaise just a couple of days into proper (6 monthish) weaning. I got quite caught up on making meals..especially trying to think about meat and stuff but yesterday I just gave Alasdair a strip of beef and he did really well with it.

Hannah has had a lot of the jars (carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, apples, bananas, pears, peaches, prunes). She's also had broccoli that I pureed (pureed a few other things too but she hasn't eaten them yet). She's had fresh bananas, toast fingers, rusks, and yogurts as snacks :) I'm still trying to introduce everything before I start in on more complicated meals. She has oatmeal with fruit in the morning, fruit for lunch, and a veggie for dinner. If she wants more I'll give her some yogurt as a snack. She has a mid morning and mid afternoon snack (always finger foods so she learns how to feed herself). Oh and I found that mixing two fruits/veggies together after I know she's not allergic to them is a big hit, it gives her a new taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->