Meal replacement diets with loose skin overhang?

Bubble Girl

Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting a meal replacement diet but I have the loose skin overhang with my belly since I had my baby. I'm worried that if I loose the weight to quick the loose skin will get worse. Has anyone had this problem and been succesful with looseing the weight and the loose skin with a meal replacement diet? Also has anyone used a meal replacement diet and kept the weight off? I read so much that says these diets will work but when the diet is finished you put all the weight back on plus more.

A meal replacement will never help with the loose skin. As you stated, if you lose the weight too fast, it might even get worse. The only thing that can help you is lifting weights. Not the 1lb dumbbells, the real heavy ones. Lift like a man. There are good workout programs for women who wants to start with lifting. I suggest the book ''The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess''. As for DVDs, I suggest Chalean Extreme
Look on Youtube for a sample.

I think once you have the loose skin, its there and no amount of excercise is going to get rid of it, god i have tried!! I just think that id rather have the skin than the extra pounds. There is always surgery!! As for keeping the weight off, as long as you follow the diet correctly and slowly introduce the food back into your diet and dont eat the way you did to gain the weight then the weight will stay off. Remember its a lifestyle change not a quick fix. I used Cambridge Weight Plan and lost 6 stone. I have maintained my weight for nearly 2 years now. Every diet works you just need to find the one that suits you.
Good luck with what ever diet you choose to follow.

Have you tried belly binding? If that doesn't help then I'm afraid the only thing that will is an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).

There is a way! When I had my first son I was 17 and I gained like 90+ pounds. So instead of my belly snapping back into place it just kinda just deflated after all the weight gain. It took me 4 years BUT with steady pace exercise and light dieting I lost the belly flab.

https://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/cocaineandrainbows/The%20Baby/District1-20110806-00020.jpg

This is me 70+ pounds lighter after 4 years and pregnant for my second. Im working to get this back. Lol I gained a bit more than I should have with my daughter too. But it is possible, and although ive never used wraps my friends have and they do help, but you have to put in work as well. I was amazed when I realized I had gotten my flat tummy back and no more muffin top! And I didnt use a wrap or anything.

I personally think that a healthy balanced diet with smaller portions and exercise and toning will get rid of it, its not impossible just hard work !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->