Meals for kids 18month plus....

KX

Reaction score
Looked at the above recipe thread sticky, but is there anything your LO's love now? looking for ideas/recipes as madam is getting a bit fussy and meal times are a chore..

Eats the usual spag bol etc but I am fast running out of ideas...

Any help/recipes would be greatly appreciated xxx :hugs:

i give kacy pretty much we have for tea, except pizza cos she doesn't like it ( we don't have it much) or when we get a meal for two.

what does she eat now on a normal week say

Breakfast is a fight-weetabix or rice krispies but half of it ends up on the floor :dohh:

lunch-varies-sandwich, soup, pasta, baked potato

Dinner-what we have but she is getting bad in general with eating.

She loves spag bol, mince and potatoes, chicken, veg.

But I need to experiment as its the same old, nothing new and interesting x

I'm the same feel like I cook the same old thing. Seren loves cottage pie, chicken korma, meatballs (I just put thm in a bolognese sauce) lasagne, macaroni cheese (I put some tuna at the bottom), mild chilli (I just take her portion out and add a teeny bit of chilli before ading the chilli to ours), pasta in a tomato sauce with garlic bread.

In the past couple days Ella's had peanut butter on toast and french toast with a little maple syrup for brekkie, cheesy scrambled egg and pinwheel sarnies with smooth peanut butter and jam for lunch, spag bol and pears with semolina for tea last night and chicken stew tonight with natural yoghurt with pureed strawberries and banana mixed in. I'm trying to renovate her menu a bit as mealtimes have been really difficult and it seems to be working a bit.

Our daughter (2) is currently enjoying most family foods, although she will not eat any type of cereal instead she eats yogurt or toast for breakfast.

My daughters favourites are chicken popcorn, homemade vegetable pasta, and cottage pie, carrots and peas

chleo wont eat wet cereal, shell only eat it dry, she has 2 fromage frais, a nutri grain bar, sum dry cereal, a pack of fruit flakes an toast for brekkie(not all at once between 6 an 11 shell get this in bits n bobs) lunch is usually a sandwich or pitta or cracker n summit, tea is whatever we have, her fav atm is pizza lol!!!! she loves makin her own!

Sorry to post this here, but is there a section/thread for recipes for babies aged around the 7 month mark?? I am getting fed up of giving Bethanie porridge for breakfast so i've bought some hipp a bisk (like weetabix) and we have some ready brek, but I want to give her toast etc.. just a little nervous as she was choking on a bit of biscotti this afternoon and it really shit me up!

rhys has had toast from 5 months
I know they can have it as finger foods, but I am just worried as I really panicked the other day when Bethanie was choking on a bit of food. What if she tears off a big bit of toast and the same happens again:cry:it's stupid.. im getting nervous to give her finger foods unless my boyfriend is around, as I panicked and just started crying.. he had to slap her back.

it took rhys about 8 daqys to get used to finger foods and now if he swallows a piece too large he has tought him self to push the food back into his mouth.

he never chokes now

Ok thanks for that, just makes me nervous.. sure you where the same :)

I always made dips like pea and mint and gave fingers of pitta bread,or raspberry coulis with apple bread slices sounds grim but is lovely.

dinners were always bean stews with sweet potato or squash/pumpkin rissotos just whatever in cupboards tbh.

I am starting juicing now for Melie and going to try my hand at sprouting,esp wheatgrass as this so good for their immunity but only teaspoon as so strong.

Bex

KX I made a risotto tonight for the first time and Ella scoffed it, I was so chuffed. It was easy, took a little while to keep stirring it and adding stock but I had quite bit left over which I've frozen in portions for lunch/future teas :)

Maddie loves tuna pasta, homemade soups etc ...

she eats what we eat hunni, just have to be careful cause of her allergies

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->