meals ideas

Shri

Reaction score
I need some meal ideas - all different kinds. Can be chips and beans or something more posh as long as it isn't too hard to make. I tend to prefer quick and easy (obviously, being pregnant and HUNGRY)

I've got this strange brain when it comes to food now - ever since the morning sickness began... I USED to be able to whip up all kinds of meals out of what we had in stock in the cupboards and fridge but now there are too many days when I just don't know what I fancy so I thought perhaps some of you might inspire me! hehe

PS if I wanted a fried egg with those chips would I have to make sure the yolk was completely solid?

Two things I have been really enjoying are:

Tarka Dahl (plenty of pulses and really tasty) but it takes a bit of prep work (that's what my OH is for hehe). I wont go through the full recipe because you may not fancy it... but I have found one on the net https://www.greenchronicle.com/recipes/tarka_dahl_recipe.htm

and

Greek Salad: chunky chopped cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion and olives with olive oil and herbs on.

another one that I have been craving lately is well-done steak and chips or pork lol.

I am also interested what other people post here as I have had a baby-block when it comes to thinking of good meal ideas. :blush:

When I was living on my own, when I had an evening or something to myself I'd make a batch of spaghetti sauce and soup and then bottle it up in mason jars. That way, the nights I was too rushed to cook, all I had to do was warm up the sauce and cook some noodles, or just warm up the soup and go. It made my life easier. Maybe an option.

Stir-fry is very quick and easy.
Steak and salad and garlic bread = A.OK in my books!

Have you tried the recipe area of the forum?

https://www.babyandbump.com/recipe-exchange/

Might give you some good ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"