Meals to freeze

Kelz22

Reaction score
I was wanting to make a batch of meals to freeze for when baby is here.So far im planning on doing veg soup,chilli con carne,spag bol and stew.Any other recipies or ideas welcome please?Thanks.xxx

Lasagna always freezes well (unbaked).

Because I love to cook (we rarely have the same thing two times), and I get tired of "one dish meals" I took a lot of chicken breasts, split them longways (to make a pocket) and stuffed them with a variety of things: proscuitto and cheese, a mixed herb cheese that I made up myself, or bacon, apple and cheese), then wrapped them in 2's and froze them that way. It was really nice to be able to thaw them out and pan sear them, along with a fresh vege.

Also good freezing, mashed potatoes (make them with the cream, s&P and butter) and put into containers. Otherwise potatoes don't freeze well at all.

Let's see...I also made spinach rolls to freeze: lasagna noodles (done al dente), rolled with chopped spinach, onion, ricotta or other soft cheese and wrapped in a piece of proscuitto. You can roll them, secure them with toothpicks and put them flat into freezer bags and take out as needed. I put them in a baking dish and make a parmesan cream sauce and bake.

Just some other ideas.

I have made some soup, split that into portions and frozen it. Also, chicken casserole it good to freeze too.

I find that cottage/sherpherds pie,lasagna,hot pot and curry all freeze well and often taste nicer for some reason.
Others I can think of,fish pie,chicken & veg pie/steak & kidney pie etc and pasta bake?x

ooo i love shepards pie.. :p lol
Am clueless when it comes to cooking though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back