Measles but had MMR?

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Hi

two of my boys have come down with what seems like measles (I knew a few people who had measles when I was a child so know what it looks like, symptoms etc); though only one of them has the rash right now; we are phoning the GP tomorrow to see if they want us to bring them in and for confirmation but the thing is both of them have had the MMR in fact they both only had their second dose about 6 months ago. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm sure my youngest sister has had all three illnesses the MMR prevents, at some point during her childhood and the GP confirmed it in all the cases, but a lot of what I am reading says this isn't possible....xx

It's possible, but unlikely...One reason they give the second shot of MMR is because there is a small percentage chance that one vaccine does not induce immunity. The chance that two vaccines don't induce immunity is even smaller and highly unlikely, but still there, of course. They may have partial immunity, and be protected from the severe side effects of the measles, and have a mild course of the disease. Plus, there is of course a very good chance it's another illness all together - especially since you say two of your boys have it. I'd go have them seen:hugs:

I spoke to the GP who said not to bring him in as its probably chickenpox (it definitely isn't); my other boy has completely recovered now so thinking he had an unrelated bug (he never developed a rash). My three other boys did have red blotchy cheeks, a temperature, sore throat and vomiting last week (the youngest didn't have vomiting but everything else) so am thinking it may actually be slapped cheek, but my GP will not hear of it. Thankfully the rash is going down today and otherwise my son is back to his normal self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->