Measured early at first ultrasound

koomy56

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

First, congratulations to all of you!

I went in for my first appointment thinking I was exactly 8 weeks. My dates are certain, as my husband and I only had sex once and I have only had one period since the birth of our son 10 months ago. I do however think I ovulated way later than "usual", which is why I fell pregnant to begin with!

My ultrasound showed that I was in fact pregnant, but measuring more like the beginning of 6 weeks. Even if I ovulated a week late that would put me a week behind, not two....correct?

My doctor wasn't declaring a non-viable pregnancy yet but didn't sound very optimistic. This is my 5th time being pregnant, with only two children. So, Im not feeling optimistic either..do any of you have insight? Even if ending without a happy ending I'd love to hear. I'm impatiently waiting until next week to have another Ultrasound to see if there has been growth..

Thank you ladies. <3

My DD is nearly 10 months. I got mg first period when she was 4 months old but the next couple of periods were a week to ten days late.

The only way you can tell when you ovulated is if you tested from early on, as you would not have a positive until 10 days after ovulation.

If you only had sex once though, then you should be certain on dates?

I had 3 MMCs myself, all between 8 and 10 weeks. If I had any wish (apart from not having them at all of course) is that they happened at 4-5 weeks, as it's much easier physically and emotionally than at 8-10 weeks.

I am 6&2 myself and hoping for the best, but knowing my history, prepared for anything.

Hope your scan in a week shows good progress :)

Just wanted to say this happened to me as well, I’m now 21 weeks. I went for an early scan due to bleeding and thought I was 8 weeks but was told I was only measuring 6 weeks. I was pretty sure of the date of my last period not so sure about the date of ovulation but their dates didn’t match mine. I was told the same couldn’t say if it was a viable pregnancy or not so was told to come back to check baby had grown 2 weeks later... those 2 weeks were the longest 2 weeks of my life! When I went back baby had grown and was actually measuring 4 days ahead! I was giving a few different due dates on these early scans. I don’t think they are totally accurate hence why they go by your 12 week dating scan. I know it’s easier said than done but try not to worry and try keep yourself busy until your next scan. I caused myself a lot of unnecessary worry, sleepless nights stressing about it, really didn’t help. Good luck with your next scan x

Thank you,both!! I really appreciate your replies. xo
All I can do is wait and see!

When I went for my 12 week scan with DD2 I got put back 4 weeks!

I think what happened is I ovulated REALLY late but got a REALLY early bfp. It was scary because you do overthink but everything was fine :hugs:

When I went for my 12 week scan with DD2 I got put back 4 weeks!

I think what happened is I ovulated REALLY late but got a REALLY early bfp. It was scary because you do overthink but everything was fine :hugs:

That’s very reassuring, thank you! Thad the only way that this could be viable. Ovulate but implanted early because I got my + in a normal timeframe.

I've never had that happen personally, but I know plenty of women who either ovulated much later than they expected, or just have a small-measuring baby. Often their dates get bumped back up after another scan and some more growth. Measure the size of a tiny little sac like that is only so accurate! Stay positive, mama!

I went in today with low hopes. A blighted ovum was confirmed and I’ve opted for a D&C tomorrow as I have two small kiddos at home.. bummer. Unfortunately my situation didn’t end positive. Thanks again, ladies.

I went in today with low hopes. A blighted ovum was confirmed and I’ve opted for a D&C tomorrow as I have two small kiddos at home.. bummer. Unfortunately my situation didn’t end positive. Thanks again, ladies.
I'm so sorry. :hug: That's heart wrenching. Prayers to you.

Hope your D&c was ok. I had one at 11 weeks and it was scary going in, but totally painless during and after, and I had a period exactly 4 weeks after and could start trying again.

Big hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->