measurement + anemia...need reassurance

Future-Sailor

Reaction score
Hello all

Had my 28 weeks midwife appointment which left me worried and concerned...This is my 2nd baby. First baby was a smooth pregnancy.

After the lucozade test my blood results show that I am mildly anemic....and midwife referred me to a consultant in hospital - should I be concerned? I just don't know if this is something worth worrying about...

Then she measured bump and said it was 30.5 so measurement was larger than expected...which I would agree with - much bigger this time around. Midwife just said that after measurements at 34 weeks might send me for another scan.

Would love to hear from ladies with similar experiences to stop me worrying please x

I'm anemic as well, treated with an iron supplement.
With my first pregnancy I started measuring a couple weeks ahead and was found to have borderline high amniotic fluid, they weren't concerned. My water did break because of it at 36 weeks 5 days. DD is perfectly healthy!

I was found to be anemic early on in this pregnancy (my first) they never "treated" me with anything. I did start taking prenatal vitamins shortly after they told me, as I had just found out I was pregnant, so I'm not sure if maybe the iron in my prenatal supplement was enough to put me back over the anemic/normal range or not, but they haven't said anything else about it and I'm 38 weeks now with a high risk pregnancy so they monitor everything including regular blood tests for several things. My point to all that is that you can be anemic and it no it really effect your pregnancy and of they thought it was an issue than its a fairly simple fix majority of the time with an iron supplement. As for the measuring ahead, I have no advice, I have been measuring behind a couple weeks the entire pregnancy. I'm 38weeks and my bump is still quite small. I actually get puzzled looks when someone asks when I'm due and I tell them in two weeks, on Valentines Day, lol. But I do offer up support, hugs, and encouragement. I know I've seen a lot on here ladies on here measuring either way off and it being completely irrevevant and everything being perfectly fine with the little one and pregnancy. Good luck, and as difficult as it is, try not to worry. In the end worrying doesn't change anything and things will be what they are. All we can do is do everything we can to give them a great headstart and leave the rest up to our higher power. I know its hard, but I do have experience with a difficult pregnancy so I know a lot about the worry. And I can say this, every time I've freaked out, gotten stressed, and overly worried about something my OB"s told me, it ended up being nothing. So I really try to just relax and enjoy things now BC every time before I've worried for nothing. Hugs and good luck, hun!:hugs::flower::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->