Measuring 2 weeks behind in fundal height

StillPraying

Stay at home Mommy of 3
Reaction score
had a checkup today and though I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow my fundal height was measuring just barely 34..... anyone have any experience with this?

I do. I'm almost 33 weeks and my doctor says my fundal height was 31 today. I had a scan yesterday and the baby is very very low - in fact they had to do transvaginal to check my cervix length. My doctor says it explains the tummy being smaller. She's also 5.3 pounds - so her growth is normal. Maybe your baby is low too?

She definitely is low, the MW had to do an u/s to check to make sure she was head down because she couldn't feel her head with her hands. She did say baby was tiny but didn't give a weight estimate. Thank you for responding, actually makes me feel better :)

Mine was measuring 3 weeks behind at my last check up, I'll be having an ultrasound on the 20th to find out why. ♡ good luck hun

I think bump size does change when you 'drop'. I'd push for a scan though if I were you x

I was always around 2/3 weeks behind with my son and he weighed 7lb 12oz at 40 weeks. They don't class it as a concern if it's only 2-3cms either side of your weeks. X

I measured behind with dd1 and had a growth scan and she was spot on. This time at 34 weeks I was measuring 32cm and at 35 weeks 34cm but as I am small build and given the history they are not worried. There is room for error and only an indication.

I just posted a thread about this. I am now measuring 6 weeks behind. I always measured behind with my other two who were both big babies but never this far behind. I am having a growth scan Monday but was told it's probably nothing to worry about since I am very tall and have a very long torso, also baby is very low. 2 weeks out is really nothing to be concerned about. My son was 10lbs and I was always two or three weeks behind with him.

Thanks ladies. Makes me feel better that it isn't a freak thing :) They are testing me for preeclampsia so I'll be getting a scan tomorrow anyway so hopefully that'll alleviate the concern.

I am measuring behind too.... I had midwife this week at 28.5 and I was measuring 27cm. She said not to worry but it's hard not to!! I was measuring spot on at 25 weeks Xx

The MW I saw yesterday at the day unit said that with taller, slimmer women, especially those with a long torso (all of which describe me) fundal height is less reliable. I have read that some people don't even use it past 36 weeks. I'm hoping all this turns out to be true when I have my growth scan on Monday! Small fundal height has plagued me in all my pregnancies.

I'm not tall at all. I'm only 5"3 and petite so I don't think that one would apply to me :shrug:

I really wouldn't worry about 2cms, they only refer you here if there is a more than 3cm difference. I have measured 2 or 3cms behind in all my pregnancies and even now I'm measuring 6cm behind, which let's be honest is a lot, the midwife said she wasn't worried. I have been measured by different midwives at the same time and both have come up with a different measurement. They are more worried about whether it is steadily increasing (mine has shrunk which is also not good!) I'm sure you will be fine :)

I'm not tall at all. I'm only 5"3 and petite so I don't think that one would apply to me :shrug:

That's exactly how I feel I'm 5'6" but that's still deffinately not tall and with my first I measured ahead if not on bang the whole time so this one's deffinately different. How did your ultrasound go? Keep us updated ♡

Me to... I am on 5ft 1 which is why I'm bothered by my slightly smaller measurements. I have had some major growing pains for two days now so might have a go a remeausuring myself! Although I still wont feel 100% happy until midwife does it again on 1st April xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->