measuring 4 weeks ahead :/

sineady

S,L,J,PS
Reaction score
So had midwife app yesterday I am 29 weeks and my bump was measuring 33 weeks. On the chart she gave me it was way above the 90th centile!!! The midwife said it's fine and nothing to worry about but I am worried. Shouldn't they be doing a scan to see why?? Anyone else had this? And found out the reason why they was measuring so far ahead?

So had midwife app yesterday I am 29 weeks and my bump was measuring 33 weeks. On the chart she gave me it was way above the 90th centile!!! The midwife said it's fine and nothing to worry about but I am worried. Shouldn't they be doing a scan to see why?? Anyone else had this? And found out the reason why they was measuring so far ahead?

If t was fundal height I wouldn't worry day before my due date, I was measuring 36 weeks an hour later I was measuring 40 weeks.

If you are concerned you should ask for a growth scan but babies position can affect how big your bump is measuring x

I had a similar issue with my last pregnancy. My son was just a big guy. Uterus was in the right spot for my original EDD but he was just cramping up the place in there. If they don't suggest seeing how big the baby is by 37 I would ask. My son had shoulder dystocia and they had to break his collar bone to get him out. Not to mention my third degree cut which didn't help at all.

When it happened to me with my daughter, it ended up that I had gestational diabetes.

I measured 6-7 weeks ahead last time and 5 weeks ahead this time, big babies.

I'm measuring a bit big for absolutely no reason. Baby girl is right on schedule size wise. My mother measured HUGE with both her pregnancies, to the point they double checked for twins. Despite measuring huge she has two very normal sized babies. If you've ruled out GD I honestly wouldn't be worried.

I consistently measured between 7-9cm ahead with my little boy. I had a number of growth scans and they found no reason for it. I didn't have GD, had no excess water etc., so they put it down to the position he was lying in. My little one was born at 36+6 weighing 6lb 10oz. He was on the 2nd centile and was and still is diddy for his age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->