Measuring 41 at 36 weeks...hmmm

Sparklywand

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I went to the midwife yest and she measured me at 41weeks but I'm 36.

I have always been measuring 2 weeks ahead, but didn't expect to jump this far.

She says it's because of the way baby is laying and that she can't feel extra fluid and it doesn't feel like a big baby.

I'm all out front. Anyone else experienced this and not had a huuuuuggge baby?

I'm rehearsing my massive baby pushing face just incase ;) x

If it helps I'm measuring big and have a big bubba in there and every time a midwife comes near me I get "Oh she is a big one isn't she" :cry: Sounds like it's just LO's position in your case! x

That's nice and reassuring of her lol!

I don't mind if I have a big baby, but she's confusing me a bit as one minute she says I can't really grab hold of baby and then says it doesn't feel like a big baby.

Oh well shall wait and see x

I'm rehearsing my massive baby pushing face just incase ;) x

LOL!

I was measuring 38 weeks at 34. My midwife said that she thought I had +1 fluid :)shrug:) and was carrying very high... she did also say I had a big baby too though! I was always 2 weeks ahead before this, even at my 20 weeks scan.

When I went back for my 36 week, I was then only measuring 37 weeks, so I had actaully lost a week... very strange. But baby was partly engaged and it seems my fluid levels were back to normal.

My midwife doesn't seem worried about it at all, I am though, I'm the one who has to push! xx

If they're worried that LO might be big then they will refer you - really try not to worry x I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead and have had to have extra scans because she feels v big and is :haha: sure your LOs just like to sit forward!

My friends measuring 40 weeks at 35 weeks,she already had a growth scan at 34 weeks and all was normal. I think fundal height isn't really that accurate.

I am measuring a week behind my dates, so will be interesting to see the difference in size between our babies, mine could still end up bigger lol!

I wouldn't worry, the fundal height is really unreliable, it can change depending on how much fluid you have or position.
My fundal height is perfect for my weeks yet I'm having a monster baby!
My consultant felt my stomach and said this don't feel like a big baby yet after she did my scan she told me most of the measurements were off the 97th centile and that the baby is huge. I'm seeing her next week to talk about delivering early.
Even the scans estimate of weight can be slightly out by 15%.
I hope that's the case as she thinks my son will be over 10lbs

I wouldn't worry, the fundal height is really unreliable, it can change depending on how much fluid you have or position.
My consultant felt my stomach and said this don't feel like a big baby yet after she did my scan she told me most of the measurements were off the 97th centile and that the baby is huge. I'm seeing her next week to talk about delivering early.

Yes, I agree, fundal height can be misleading, but so can scans. My midwife wont send me for a scan as she thinks they are unreliable and likely to worry me even more... So I am going into the unknown with this!

I'm looking at a 10 - 11 lber too, think she will be being brought out at 38 weeks as I have GD

Glad I'm not alone lol although I don't have GD, did do the fasting sugar test but it was normal. If I'm honest im slightly concerned that my son is measuring so big as my last son was only 8lb 11oz and most of his measurements were around 50th centile yet this one is off the chart.

I had the test at 28 weeks and didn't have it, then again last week and now I do. Hoping to slow her growth somewhat by controlling it as LOs in my family are usually 6 - 7 lb

My baby has been measuring big since the beginning, well different parts of her has been bigger than other parts if you get me. I've had 2 GD tests (both clear), fundal height has been measuring much further on for months, so I've been sent for 2 growth scans and another is booked for the 1st dec. my consultant has told me that if baby keeps growing like she has been the we are looking at an 11lb - 12lb baby!!! Been told to think about a section as I also have high blood pressure.

In my personal experience my midwife has said that the fundal height measurement can be unreliable and even the scans are less reliable the further on you get. If they are worried they will refer you for scans so best thing is to try not to worry, tho I know this is easier said than done Nx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->