Measuring 5w5d supposed to be 7w, just late ovulation or should I be concerned?

Hleigh

Reaction score
Hey! So my LMP was on July 27,2016. I went to the doctors for cramping and no spotting on Sept 13,2016. This should have put me at 6w6d. However, when they did the ultrasound I only measured 5w5d and just a gestational sac and yolk sac. They said it could be a timing issue or that the pregnancy isnt viable? Should i prepare for the worst or think positive?

I was pushed back with my first two pregnancies. One week with DD and 11 days with DS. The dates were off my LMP but were moved after the dating scan. This baby was spot on because I tracked ovulation.

It honestly could be late ovulation. Hoping for the best for you. :hugs:

It is definitely possible that you are not as far along as you were thinking. Many women ovulate later than expected and then get pregnant from those cycles. I think the main question to ask here is when did you get your first BFP? If it was right when you should have first missed your period, then that would lend to the idea that your dates are right and the pregnancy hasn't progressed as much as it should. However, if it was even a few days off, things could still be okay. By the end of the 6th week you should definitely be seeing all the structures and a heartbeat. But at the beginning of the 6th week it is still up in the air.

I had an early scan at 5w6d. (This was correct according to my dates and then confirmed by the measurements of the gestational sac.) At that scan, all we saw was a perfect-- but empty-- gestational sac. No yolk, no fetal pole, and no heartbeat. I'm guessing it would have been at least a couple of days before that stuff showed up. I can't be certain when, though, because I didn't have another scan until I was 11 weeks along. :-/

Hey Isme,

Thank you for your reply. I got a positive on September 2nd, however I was negative on August 25 do you think that leans more torwards late ovulation?

Absolutely! That's an 8 day difference and you may have even gotten an early BFP! It really does sound more like later ovulation.

I had a scan at 6+1, we saw a yolk sac but no baby. I was measuring less than 6w but the machine wouldn't estimate the weeks/days because it was so small! At 7w I had a scan and we saw baby with hb but it measured 6w. I was told not to pay the measurements any attention as they can easily be a week out that early. At 8+2 baby measured 8w, at 10+2 measured 9+4. But again I keep being told it's unlikely to be accurate till 12 weeks. So god knows!! I know I od on cd16/17 so I expect to be put back at least a couple of days anyway. Try not to let the measurements worry you this early. The fact you've seen a yolk sac is really positive. Hopefully you're just in the same situation as me - a few days behind where your lmp puts you. X

With my daughter I should of been 7 weeks and some change but I was actually measuring 6 weeks 5 days. So you could very well be fine.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies! Went in yesterday and baby measured 7 weeks with a heartbeat of 148bpm. Please continue to pray and/or send out good vibes that this baby keeps on growing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->