measuring 8w5d... 2 weeks behind lmp

BrandyBestPal

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight or hopeful thoughts?

According to my lmp, I should be 11w5d. I had a feeling I was a week late ovulating, so I was prepared to hear the baby was 9+5... But to hear it is only 8+5, I feel devastated. That means I ovulates when my period was due, and I just can't believe that.
The heartbeat was good, 176, but I can't help but to think things are going to go wrong with dates like this.

Has anyone experienced this?

I'm no expert, but if you've seen a good heartbeat then I don't think there is any reason to worry. Also, with it being early then your dates could change by a couple of days, so you might be closer to 9 weeks. I'd try not to worry, it sounds like baby is quite happy in there!

I'm 2 weeks behind lmp, and by ultrasounds I did in fact ovulate the day af is usually due, and this is not something that happens to me. But baby is healthy and strong and I'm in my 2nd tri now :)

I was the same.. baby is still healthy & doing fine but I knew I ovulated late as well soi actually prepared my Dr and sonographer when I got there so they wouldn't freak out that the baby was measuring so small lol
I wish you luck and a healthy 9 months :)

I'm 2 weeks behind lmp, and by ultrasounds I did in fact ovulate the day af is usually due, and this is not something that happens to me. But baby is healthy and strong and I'm in my 2nd tri now :)

Thanks for the reassurance. This isn't something that I've experienced before. Always regular and on time, like clockwork. It just seems so odd that the month we get pregnant, my cycle was wack - totally out of the ordinary.

I feel relived to hear others are making it far in their pregnancy. I have new hope.

I measured 5w5d on Friday and would've been just under 8 weeks according to LMP (May 1). So, yep- I'm in the same boat.

Same boat! I thought I was exactly 8 weeks yesterday when I got my first ultrasound and baby was 6w3d. It's confusing but not a negative thing; the last menstrual period is really just an estimate.
:)
That being said I'm still confused myself how they add on two weeks in the original estimation before you ovulated. Does anyone know if those two weeks are included in these new measurements?

I just wanted to give everyone an update - especially to those in a similar situation.
My midwife ordered another dating ultrasound - I had it yesterday. According to my last dating ultrasound, things *should* have grown by 2 weeks, to make me 11wks. Well, things seems to be on track to what I thought they should have in the first place. My little bean was actually measuring 12 weeks. I could see the arms and legs just flailing around. This now measures up to me ovulating a 1 week later than "normal", which is what I had thought all along.
I feel much better now, knowing things are on track and where they should be.
Good luck to everyone!

I'm glad you updated. I knew everything was gonna be ok :)

they always add the 2 weeks as it's included in the total of 40 weeks.. so they most always go by lmp as thats much more obvious to women than ovulation. it was a way for women to meansure how far along they were well before all the fancy stuff..:)

My dates on first were the exact same two weeks behind. All was well.

My first scan was at 8w2d per lmp. Baby measured 7w1d and they tried to claim that was how far along I was. Only problem with that is I only dtd one time, 17 days after the start of my lmp and then 17 days later got a bright bfp. I have a 16 day lp as well. I had spotting 4 days before the bfp, which I think was implantation. At the most, sperm can only survive for 5 days in the woman. So the math doesn't add up for that measurement. I was watching her doing the measurements and it looked to me like she didn't get the top of the crown, but got the back of the head instead. But hey, what do I know? This is only my 7th baby. LOL I don't know my body, I guess. Really wish I could have seen my regular doctor, but because I'm on medicaid and they just cut funding and lowered the number of patients a doctor can take on medicaid, I had to find a new doctor.

Glad to hear your baby is ok! I'm going through the same thing right now! Just hoping the ultrasound machine is a few days off & that I'm only 2 weeks behind & that I ovulated late! A couple more days for an HCG result & we'll see what it says! I didn't see a hb though on my u/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->