Measuring behind - stressed!!

Rickles

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I think I am 7w 5/6 days (ignore ticker)... I went for an early scan today and measured 6w3 days... I'm pretty certain I know when I ovulated (OPKS) so now I am really panicking about this bean.

We saw a heartbeat of 113 and everything "looked great" the tech wasn't worried but said to go back in 10 days to check the growth was ok given I was so worried about being behind...

What do you all think? Should i prepare for the worst?

I went in at 7+4 weeks and baby measured 6+1 weeks. The doctor wasn't worried, but insisted on bloodwork since I was so stressed. My hcg levels were 37,717 and he was happy with the numbers. I will be going for my next scan on Wednesday. I do notice symptoms increasing and my cervix moved higher than it was before. So I trust baby is growing.

I thought I was 7+4 and at my scan I was measured at 6.4 weeks! It's worried me too. I go back on Tuesday to see whats happening.

Do u know how many mm your baby measured?
Xxx

Yeah mine was 8mm. I think at this stage they are too small to measure very accurately. Xxx

In my case it was not good news... I knew exactly when I ovulated, I was 7+1 when I had just ultrasound in may and baby measured 6+3, I was so worried even though my Dr said not to worry, there was a strong heartbeat and everything... when we went back 2 weeks later baby had grown but not a lot and there was no longer a heartbeat!! Now, with all that being said during that time and since I had seen so many stories where the babies measured fine and everything was fine, I unfortunately just wasn't one of those... keep us updated and stay off Google, think positive for baby!!! I know it's much easier said then done but try not yo worry!!!!

I wouldn't worry at all. With all 3 of my pregnancies so far, I've always been dated back 5-8 days. I ovulate late and implant late. So far I have 2 healthy kids, and the babe I'm currently pregnant with is healthy with a strong heartbeat of 169. I wouldn't worry at all. Noone can really pinpoint when conception actually happens, and when implantation actually happens. Even if you take an OPK. Relax, sounds like babe is healthy...it would be different if you were dated back 2+ weeks.

Thanks, and I appreciate your honesty - I've dangerously googled and I get the sense I am in a 50/50 situation. Trying to stay positive but I'm a worrier by nature. The next 10 days is really going to drag :(

I feel the same for me that it could go either way. Im spotting which is also another worry.

Try to keep busy xxx

I wouldn't worry at all. With all 3 of my pregnancies so far, I've always been dated back 5-8 days. I ovulate late and implant late. So far I have 2 healthy kids, and the babe I'm currently pregnant with is healthy with a strong heartbeat of 169. I wouldn't worry at all. Noone can really pinpoint when conception actually happens, and when implantation actually happens. Even if you take an OPK. Relax, sounds like babe is healthy...it would be different if you were dated back 2+ weeks.

I'm just a bit concerned as I got a BFP about 4 weeks ago - so that would be after implantation... I guess I've either got a slow grower or a none grower :(

In my case it was not good news... I knew exactly when I ovulated, I was 7+1 when I had just ultrasound in may and baby measured 6+3, I was so worried even though my Dr said not to worry, there was a strong heartbeat and everything... when we went back 2 weeks later baby had grown but not a lot and there was no longer a heartbeat!! Now, with all that being said during that time and since I had seen so many stories where the babies measured fine and everything was fine, I unfortunately just wasn't one of those... keep us updated and stay off Google, think positive for baby!!! I know it's much easier said then done but try not yo worry!!!!

I am sorry for your loss.

It's hard to be positive when stories are shared. Not to be harsh, but this is why we then turn to google to search for some hope.

With my own mmc I try not to think too much about it, but I also don't talk others about it since I am scared I will make them negative.

Xxx

Seriously?!! I told her also "that there are so many positive stories" ... when I went through this with my baby measuring behind, I was grateful for both stories of positive and negative, that way I was not filled with false hope...

To the OP, sorry if my post offended you, I was just sharing my experience with you!!

Pinkpassion - no worries at all - i know your intentions were all good. I need to know the truth so I can be prepared, better to know the risks imo.

I honestly believe what will be, will be. I desperately want this baby, but if nature has decided not this time then I will move on and try not to dwell as I have seen how this same experience has devastated my SIL already this year.

My SIL had a MMC in April - and it all started with a scan that measured behind - so I know it can end badly - the only thing I am clinging to is I have seen a good hb and she never did. Right now I have what the sonographer said was a healthy looking baby, just younger than expected... time will tell. I really appreciate all the responses whatever the outcome.

Rickles I really hope and pray that you get a good scan in 10 days : )... I will look forward to an update from you!!! I'm sorry about your SIL.. missed miscarriages are so difficult!! I know mine was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through!!!
Good luck hun!! :)

Thanks hun - either way I'll pop back and update - it might help someone else one day xx

Good luck hunni. Hope everything goes ok :)

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation, I went for a scan 11 days ago and measured 8 days behind but with a good heartbeat. I'm sure on my ovulation date so I really panicked, had another scan 2 days later and baby was 7 days behind still with good heartbeat.
My next scan is Wednesday so I still don't know myself but my sickness has gone off the scale so I'm hopeful it's a good sign.
Fingers crossed for you! I hope it all works out. I was told when it's early that plus/minus 7 days is nothing to worry about.

I went in at 7+5 and was put back to 6+4. Hes a healthy growing boy due in 6 weeks!

My first ultrasound I was dated 4 days behind. My second ultrasound I had caught up (at 8 weeks). Also, at the second ultrasound from one angle she had me dated a week behind but when she changed angles the baby measured bang on. As others have said, I think the measurements are tricky at this point. Best of luck to you.

I measured small with both my pregnancies so I'm expecting that'll happen this time as well ♥

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->