measuring big what shall I eat to lose weight/stay steady.need a plan

amina8620

Reaction score
Feeling really down..I have beeneasuring 36 weeks at 34.my belly is like a massive football I dpnt have swelling so I look petite to my size of belly.i know iv been having fizzy drinks which has really made the baby big.must be all the sugar.at night I crave food after a full meal.i have fizzy drink with crisp biscuits etc.junk is making me massive.what shall I eat through the day or snack on any ideas.my first was 9 pounds and got stuck cuz he was to big to correctly slot in my pelvis.ended being 9.5 cm and a c-section my waist is short and im not very tall either
I need help.

My favorite filling snack is Fiber One protein bars! Caramel Nut yummmm :) But generally, protein and water will keep you full in between meals. Don't feel bad though, enjoy your food!

I may be wrong, but I thought that measuring big didn't have anything to do with your weight. It's the fundal height (size of your uterus). If it was your weight, bigger girls would always be measuring ahead and tiny girls behind. I've always measured right on even though I'm a larger girl with more padding.

Also some people just have big babies.

I've read that there's a normal variation of around 2 cms, so I wouldn't worry about your baby being too big. When I was 28 weeks I measured 28cm, then at my last appointment at 31 weeks I measured 33cm and the doctor didn't seem concerned at all. I've been worrying that I'm getting too big (I've already gained at least 30 pounds) but I asked the teacher of the childbirth classes I've been taking (she's a registered nurse) about weight gain and she said that although doctors will tell you to try to stay within the 35 pounds range, it's actually normal and mostly safe to gain up to 50-60 pounds.

I'm measuring slightly big (2 weeks ahead) in this pregnancy but I have gained only 10lb in the entire pregnancy and nothing in the past 3 months. Fundal height isn't necessarily an indication of the baby's size. Although they didn't measure fundal height routinely in those days with my eldest I was absolutely huge, looked like I was having triplets but when born he weighed in at a very average 7lb 12. It was excess fluid causing me to carry so big xx

I may be wrong, but I thought that measuring big didn't have anything to do with your weight. It's the fundal height (size of your uterus). If it was your weight, bigger girls would always be measuring ahead and tiny girls behind. I've always measured right on even though I'm a larger girl with more padding.

Also some people just have big babies.

That's pretty much what I was going to say

i measuring 3 weeks too big and have only gained like 2kg (4 pounds) this whole pregnancy and im not big...

stop trying to make your baby smaller, they are what they are and theres nothing u can do about it.... even if u starve yourself the baby still takes what they need anyway...

in terms of your own weight ..eat healthy and go for a walk or get some excercise... thats all u need to do.

stress less and enjoy your pregnancy

I've gained 47 lbs so far and my doc says I'm spot on. And I was not under weight to begin with either. :)
Go with choices that don't make you feel guilty but when you want a snack or sweet, go for it.

Don't eat sweets, sugary stuff, sweet sodas etc it is what makes babies huge. Try to google diabetics diet to see how you should eat, even if you don't have GD, it is the appropriate eating for pregnant women.
Edit, here is a nice meal plan
https://diabetes.webmd.com/sample-meal-plan
a plan for a month
https://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-eating/30-day-meal-plan-for-people-with-diabetes/index.html

I love u lilly28 thsts what I needed thanks all..makes sense just to eat healthy and no sugar.sugar has really made this baby massive and my first was massive becuz of the sugar I ate. X

My sister was measuring small & had an almost 9 lb baby. LOL, so weight gain doesn't go hand in hand with how big baby is. However, if you want to slow weight gain, just watch what you eat. Eat clean and watch the scale, but don't obsess b/c your body knows what it needs to do. I gained like 10 lbs between weeks 25-29. Then, I didn't gain at all until week 32. Now, it seems to be slowing at about 1 lb or less a week. I've been really careful this pregnancy, but sometimes you just can't help it! :)

I am measuring 4 cm ahead!! My doc isn't worried at all. There are many factors that can go into fundal size, including how much water in you amniotic sac. Some have lots some have less. My us put me ahead too, so I wasn't to surprised. Your so close to the end, I wouldn' t stress to much. Just focus on eating healthy, whole foods. Thats what you and your baby need:) Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->