Measuring small??

Tryingbabyno1

Mummy 2 my beautiful Isla
Reaction score
Hey ladies.

I had midwife today and when she done my fundal measurement I’m only measuring 33 weeks so now I have to go for a growth scan. I can’t help but worry. Any one had the same? What was ur outcome?x

I'm not in exactly the same boat, but the fundal measurements have been driving me nuts this time around.

At 28 and 32 weeks, they told me that I was measuring large, but just under the threshold for a scan. At 34 weeks, the MW seemed to think it was fine.
I had a scan at 35 weeks, which showed that everything was okay with baby and amniotic fluid levels.
At 35+6 weeks, the MW told me that I was measuring small, and that I would have needed a growth scan if my appointment had been the following day. I told her that I'd had a scan about a week prior, and her response was along the lines of, "Oh, well. Everything is probably fine then. We'll measure you at your next appointment".

Good luck with your growth scan. I hope all is well. :hugs:

Thanks for the reply I have a growth scan today so I’m
Just hoping everything is ok x

Try not to drive yourself mad.. if a different midwife had measured you she may have found different! Let’s see what the scan shows and you can go from there! Keep us updated and good luck :)

Thank you he’s estimated at 5pound 8 which I don’t think is small at this far gone. But they said he is on the 10th centile. I have another growth scan in 2 weeks and if there isn’t much difference he will be coming out x

I think it is okay, Trying. Did they say anything about how LO tracked from your previous scan?

At my 35 week scan, LO's estimated weight was 2kgs (4.4 lbs), which put her on the 10th centile. Her extrapolated weight at 40 weeks was put down as 3kgs.

My son was born at 3.2kgs, and he was 10 days overdue. No problems there at all.

Keep us posted!

Yes! With both babies, my first I was measuring very small can’t remember exact it was 6 years ago but I had a scan and all was fine, she came out a healthy 7lbs.

With my second I was measuring 2 weeks ahead and I was huge, I had a scan, all was fine and he can’t put a very healthy 8lb 4 😂

When they measure you with a tape it’s basically just an estimate, with my first I was only 7st when I was pregnant with her so my bump stayed very petite and I held her in well! So I could clearly see how I could have measured small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->