Meat

notready123

Reaction score
OMFG. DH cooking chicken and the smell is literally repulsive. Same when he did his steak last night. Ergh. Thought this smell thing wouldn't be this bad :growlmad:

Haha... Sounds like the start of the food aversions I had with my first pregnancy. It all started with some meat cooking and me just wanting to be sick over the smell. Then, I wouldn't eat meat. Then, anything fried tasted fishy. Then, I wouldn't eat fish or anything fried. Before long, all I'd eat was spaghetti and sometimes some applesauce. hahaha. GOOD LUCK! ;)

No, really, it isn't always that bad. Just, sometimes that's the way we react to these crazy hormones. Just try not to be as crazy as I was with my first babe! And ask your DH to stop cooking meat and to go vegetarian for awhile. :haha:

Thanks for replying. Will whole pregnancy be like this or will it subside? I'm really struggling with it... I'm emetophobic too which doesn't help.....

I'm only 6 weeks along and I already can't stand meat or watching anyone around me eat it! I'm a big carnivore too so it's a strange feeling to not want it at all. I hope it goes away too as I need protein daily and I'm used to getting it from that source!

Hope you feel better soon!

Meat smells get me... Period. It started around 4 weeks. Being that digestion is slower and nausea (morning sickness) eating anything with protein makes me want to vomit. I've found spreading out (throughout the day) small bits of protein (couple of ounces 3 times a day) I can stomach the meal (to the best of my ability).

3 things I can eat

Chicken (as long as it's cut thin and cooked when I'm not in the room)
Ground turkey
Shrimp

It's not fun. I try to supplement eggs when I can.

I had major meat aversions first tri, it gets better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"