Medical Management Long Term Effect Question

JamiePgh

Pregnant after m/c!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had a miscarriage last February, a blighted ovum. I was 9 weeks, but the sac measured 5.5. I waited but the miscarriage never happened on its own. My doctor recommended I take Misoprostol & Mifepristone to force the miscarriage, rather than get a d&C, so that's what I did.

I went for a follow up exam 8 days after I took the pills, and based on the exam (no ultrasound given), my dr said all the tissue had passed. I was still bleeding, so I was concerned that she couldn't see very well. She also didn't do follow up blood work.

I spotted for months. I called in April, concerned about it, and she said that was normal. I was seriously worried about a missed infection. Now, almost a year later, I still am not pregnant even though I track like crazy. So my question is, does anyone know if these medications have long term side effects like scar tissue, infertility, blocked tubes, etc?

My doctor said that without an infection, none of that is possible from these pills. But I am still worried, and just wanted some opinions. Each month that goes by, my fear that my fertility has been ruined gets worse. I find that most women either miscarry natural or do d&c's so anybody who can relate to this, please chime in. I appreciate any advice. Thank you. :flower:

Mabey you should consult another doctor for another opinion hun. If u feel uncomfortable and think something may have been missed you may be right. After all it is your body and you know it best. If your cycles have returned as normal and you didnt have a fever then more than likely the tissues past. Call around and find a doc that is a lil more hands on, its been almost a year of trying right? be sure u let them know u have tried for a yr, most places will offer testing at that point. Good luck hun. Make your doctors work for you. Be proactive and if they dont wanna look into why you havent been able to get pregnant for a year then call another doc.

Thanks essie ~

I have thought about seeking a second opinion - wish I'd done it sooner. But I'd just changed doctors so I was trying to trust this one. I didn't have a fever - so you're probably right, the tissue probably did all pass. I am so easily paranoid with pregnancy stuff.

On another note, I'm sorry to see you've m/c'd twice. Going through it once is awful enough, I can't imagine twice. I hope when your break is over that you get a BFP that sticks. :hugs:

Thank you hun. Dh and i are hopefull that the third time is a charm. I have one more tsh test in jan. then were gonna start trying again. So far i have been able to get pregnant on my first trys, hoping this time will be the same. Keep your head up dear and keep up the bd'ing lol. We will get our stickys eventually.

If you didn't get an infection after then the chances of having blocked tubes etc is far less with medical management than with a d&c where they are operating blind in your uterus.

I hope you manage to fall pg soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->