Medicated autistic child

sethsmummy

mum to 3 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Does anyone here have their child medicated. If so what for and does it help?

Mr 5 is autistic and wee just dealt with it for so long but as he gets older e sleeps less. Waking at 3/4am and that's him up for the day. Doesn't matter how late he goes to bed. In fact that makes it worse! And also his behaviour he is getting so so violent and I just can't handle it anymore. He is constantly hitting me and his brother or throwing things at us. In constantly bruised from him.

His little brother sees te paed this month and I'm going to ask then (they see the same woman) but I just want experience if possible and advice. It's so bad I had a minor breakdown the they day and I'm no use to him in that state xx

I didn't want to read and run I don't have any advice on meds my son 4 and not long diagnosed with autism what I have found is there isn't alot of support around or I haven't found it yet. I hope you can find something that works soon I know how exhausting being an autism mummy is and I don't have any other kids needing my attention xx

Alex is on and off melatonin, fast and slow release. We keep trialling it for sleep and I know so many people have success but we never have. Once she's up her anxiety kicks in and she can't be alone. I wouldn't say she needs medicating for other behaviours but sleep is a big issue :( my friend uses melatonin, and it works well for her she can't be without it.

I was uncomfortable with the idea but melatonin isn't quite the same as other meds.

Ollie is adhd but we have melatonin too and its a great help for us x

Thank you!

So i raised it with his school helper and with the education visitor and i got dirty looks and oh no its not that bad yet :grr: id love them to be the ones dealing with it day in and day out and another two grumpy children because Seth is waking them when he gets up :dohh:

Im still going to bring it up with his paed when i see her at the end of the month. even just to get him sleeping would probably help so much. The education visitor is reffering him to sleep scotland but all they do is look at the bedroom to make sure its not "too stimulating" and make sure he has a routine for bed which he does. Getting him to sleep is not the problem.. its keeping him asleep.

did the ladies who use it speak to a gp or a paed? im unsure whether a gp would prescribe it for seth.

hugs Reid. Support is few and far between in my eyes. There are groups there but theyre no good for me as you cant take your child to most of the meetings and classes and he has to go everywhere with me (along with the other 2 children) and they do excursions but again no good for a child who cant cope in groups or loud situations. Theres no proper support for every day things. :hugs: Well done on getting your diagnosis so early though! that is a good thing.. we too have only just got our formal diagnosis after waiting for 4 years xx

The adhd Dr prescribed it wil Ollie and had no hesitation in doing so.
He also said in every other country they sell it over the counter, because all it is, is a natural hormone. He was from Spain and couldn't believe it's prescription only here.

thank you lora. Rohan is in with the paed on the 29th. i dont know whether to just wait till then or phone her secretary to see if she can squeeze us in. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->