Medication Confusion-Metochlopromide and BF

Ellie130891

Barry(OH)and Ruby(LO) :)
Reaction score
Hey girls

i was put on metochlorpromide (or however u spell it) a few months back for gastritis and nausea. after a month the dr decided it was unsuitable for use during BF and stopped me taking it. however ive researched and quite a bit says its safe during BF. It is the only med that worked and im desperate to take it again
anyone else BF and taking these meds?

xxx

How odd. Metclopramide, aka Reglan, is prescribed in the US instead of domperidone to increase breast milk. Even though the increasing breast milk is an off label use, obviously many mothers use it. There are other issues with metclopramide, depression and some others, but being unsafe during breastfeeding really isn't one of them...

oooooo ty!!!!!! i was on it a month before dr decided i shouldnt be and the baby seemed fine

I was on metroclopramide for the whole of my pregnancy because of sickness and then after the twins were born I was given it again to help my milk production :) xxx

thanks so much!! not sure if its the illness or the metochlorpromide but i cant stop eating its like hunger pains constantly :(were the twins ok while u were taking this med? did u BF? cant imagine having to BF twins!!! xx

thanks so much!! not sure if its the illness or the metochlorpromide but i cant stop eating its like hunger pains constantly :(were the twins ok while u were taking this med? did u BF? cant imagine having to BF twins!!! xx

I found eating even a little bit before taking the tablets really helped :) Twins were fine while I was on the tablets, ended up trying a few and settled on metroclopramide. I did try and bf I was expressing and giving them that, and the tablets did help a bit with milk production. But now I ff :) xxx

nice one!!!! i need to move onto ff as the dr says i need stronger meds my lo uses a bottle but hates formula

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->