Meek and Hubby have conceived baby #2!

meek0104

DH, DD, PUPPY & EXPECTING
Reaction score
Hello all! I am Meek. Hubby and I were trying to conceive #2 officially since May of last year. I gave up on timing, fertility drugs, and stressing and took a more laidback approach a few months ago, but since ovulation is super painful for me, I always knew when I ovulated and would just hope that if we had sex in the three days prior that we might have caught the egg. Fast forward to last month where I thought I ovulated on a tuesday. We had taken DD to my in laws for the weekend. I woke up that sunday with lots of discharge but thought nothing of it. Of course with an empty house, the mood was set and we dtd. Later that afternoon, i felt lots of o pain and thought, hmmm great timing. Lo and behold, we caught the egg!!!! i got a very faint line at 10dpo and an obvious line at 11dpo. I am now 6.5 weeks pregnant and so far all looks well. I saw baby's heartbeat on Wednesday, 124bpm!

So, here I am in the first trimester board. I said I wasn't going to join until i conformed a heartbeat and since I did, I figured I would try and start keeping track of this journey with baby #2, especially since I didnt with DD and I want to have some record of the things I felt and experienced.

I welcome anyone to follow along. I don't know how often I will update but for now it will at least be once a week since I am still going to the fertility doctor for monitoring and I see them weekly. I will "graduate" from their clinic in three weeks and begin seeing my regular ob/gyn at the end of june. I am so nervous but excited for this journey. I am very grateful that God has blessed my womb again after all these months of praying, stressing, crying, and hoping. Its still so early so I know we have a long way to go but im feeling good and positive.

Please keep us in your prayers and good thoughts as we progress through this pregnancy. Congrats to all of those who I join on this board and to anyone checking in who is still waiting on their miracle, I pray it happens for you soon!

As far as symptoms go, so far i'm bloated, have af cramping and some sharp cramps sometimes in the front and back, nauseous mainly after taking meds in the morning and sometimes in the evening, breasts are slightly sore and nipples are moderately sore, lots of discharge (keep running to the bathroom because i feel super wet!), fatigue that hits in the morning/early afternoon and then has me knocked out shortly after getting home, sore lower back, and hungry. I prayed last week to have symptoms after being worried that i wasn't feeling anything, and also to not complain once symptoms started since of course it what i prayed for lol. So here we are a week later and def feeling like im in the early stages of pregnancy with a lot of the common symptoms. Its such a blessing!

I've told my in laws, coworkers and supervisor, three of my sisters, and my best friend. I was going to keep it between my husband and i until we hit the second trimester but im so bloated and people are starting to notice, not to mention the day after i found out, hubby told all of his friends! lol so to say we are excited might be an understatement!

Congrats meek I’m so super happy for you!!!

thank you!

7w1d today. was having lots of cramping and lower back pain/pinching over the weekend. super sleepy today and crampy. very nauseous early this morning and vomited bile while brushing teeth. Fun stuff lol. cant wait for my appointment on wednesday, i feel like i will be a nervous wreck until then because i just want to make sure my little bean is okay. im thinking about buying a doppler this week. i know i bough one earlier on with DD but cant remember how many weeks i was when i heard the heartbeat.

7w4d today. had my appointment in wednesday and saw my beautiful little beans heart beating, 138bpm!

doctor says all looks good. i only have two more weeks with them and then i "graduate" to my regular ob/gyn's office! ugh the countdown to second tri is so real! fatigue, nausea, mood swings (so irritable, especially at work) and loads of discharge is biggest symptoms right now but all are very welcomed as its gives me hope that all is well with my sweet little baby. i feel so very blessed!

I am 9w1d today! I found baby's heartbeat on doppler yesterday morning and again this morning! Praise God! Feeling pretty good. So far I've been hungry, a little fatigued, nauseous off and on, having cramping (growing pains i guess) and lower back ache, and very irritable. Also have been having random headaches. Nipples are a little sensitive but breasts haven't grown and aren't really achy until i take my bra off - then they feel heavy and sore but it doesnt last that long.

Wednesday is my last appointment at my fertility doctor's office and then next week I go see my regular ob/gyn. I am nervous to leave them but excited that things are progressing well so far and I will be "graduating" this week although the weekly scans are very reassuring. It's also good that I am already able to hear the heartbeat at home which helps to calm me in between appts. I have heard that you can find out the gender with the NIPT blood test they do around 10 weeks or so. I am thinking about doing it because I really don't want to have to wait until I am 20 weeks to know but hubby doesn't seem to think we should rush to find out.

Hope anyone checking in is doing well. I will update after my appt on Wednesday!

The appointment this morning went great! heartbeat was 169 (i think, honestly i cant remember) i got so excited to see my little sweet pea moving around on the screen that i forgot what the heart rate was but close to that lol. the ultrasound tech pointed out babe's arms, i didnt see legs but im sure they were there lol. she told me i could record since it was my last visit. i thought baby would be sleep but as soon as i said "this baby is always napping when i come here" it started moving as if it were saying " no mommy, im woke!" lol. it was the cutest thing and im glad i got to catch it on video. since the ultrasound went well, i graduated from the fertility clinic. of course, i was an emotional wreck saying "see you later" to the nurses and my doctor. i really couldn't ask for more supportive people during pregnancy and ttc.

next wednesday is my first appt with ob/gyn and i cant remember what happens at the first appt with them. maybe pap? and i think they give a script for bloodwork.....sheesh it feels like it was such a long time ago with DD. after that appts will be every four weeks....not going to like that but at least i have the doppler to give me some peace of mind in between ultrasounds and appointments until i can feel my sweet little babe moving around.

very nauseous and sleepy today. fighting to keep my eyes open! overall feeling good and positive right now and can't wait until second tri!

That's great news, I'm so glad everything went well :D

10w5d today!

Nausea, headache, and fatigue are top symptoms right now and starting to get some stretching/ligament pains. I had my first appt on Wednesday with my ob/gyn. I got to hear baby on the doppler even though it kept moving around! I checked today at home and baby was still energetic and wouldnt stay still but grateful to catch its heartbeat even if only for a few seconds.

I have my sequential screening scheduled for 07/09 and get to see baby while they check for the first round of abnormalities. I cannot wait! My doctor was saying it was up to me whether i wanted to get it and I should think about what I would do with the information if there was something abnormal. It would really just be to prepare myself, but wouldnt terminate unless it was life threatening to me as I still have to be here for DD... but honestly, I really just want to see my baby! lol. No matter what, I love this baby so much and nothing could change that. Once we get the ultrasound (with hopefully a good picture of baby!) I plan to announce to social media on my birthday (07/12). Havent completely decided on the announcement, but thats the date I announced with DD and I was a little past 13 weeks, this time around, I will be 12.5 weeks and I figure its a pretty safe time to announce.

Still praying over baby and me, for us to both be healthy and safe throughout this process. Can't wait to find out what my sweet love is in about 9 weeks!

11w2d today. Got the results from my bloodwork drawn at my appt. Positive for Parvovirus b19?! I freaked out of course. called my doctor (after going to doctor google and almost passing out)....well the nurse says there is nothing to worry about! the one that came up positive for me is the one that shows i was had the infection as a kid, so no risk to baby! all thanks to God!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->