Meet my daughter :D

Bexivillian

Reaction score
Ok so this is rather late.... over two weeks late infact but i have been soooo busy!

Indie was born on 29th Sept 7.24pm, weighing 8,11.

Labour started at 1.30am, mild contrations straight in at 4 mins apart and 35 secs long. Called L&D who told me to try and wait until they were 1 min long. At 6am they were 2mins apart and 45 secs long so went into hospital.

I was waiting for an hour before i was seen, at that time i was 4cm and it was getting fairly painful, i was then moved to a pre-delivery room. I was given Diamorphine which didnt help the pain but made me drowsy so i could snooze between contractions. At around 9am this wasnt helping anymore and the contractions started getting really intense, was given gas&air which didnt help in the slightest.

By 10am i was screaming for an epidural, but the nurses told me they wouldnt examine me until midday. By the time it got to then the contactions were almost on top of each other and i was 8cm.

They told me i could have an epidural but it prob wouldnt kick in until after she was here, but i couldnt stand it anymore and had it anyway. Once this kicked in the contractions slowed right down on the machine and LOs heartbeat was unsteady which they kept an eye on.

This was the same until about 5.30pm, (and i was able to sleep at 8/9cm) they then broke my waters which showed Meconium. About half an hour later they told me to start pushing, which i did for about 10mins when i started bleeding heavily. They werent sure what was going on so they rushed me to theatre for a forceps delivery.

They topped up my epidural that went wrong and made the top half of my body numb.
They had to perform a episiotomy to do the forcepts and she came out with her hand by her head which ripped me the other way :cry:
The reason for the bleeding is that the cord broke and detached from the placenter.
She came out crying at 7.24pm, because of all the problems i couldnt have skin to skin straight away, and when they had checked her i couldnt hold her because of the epidural going wrong.

OH held her for half an hour while they stiched me up.

She is absolutly gorgeous and we are totally in love with her.

I had a terrible labour but she is so worth it.

Oh and ladies recovery is hard, its extremely painful and still is. And make sure you buy some laxatives if you have stiches round that area. Poo's are still EXTREMELY painful over 2 weeks on.

But anyway.... heres a picture of my beautiful daughter :D

Attachments

• 05102010239.jpg
    05102010239.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 25
What a stunning little girl!! Congratulations babes! The epidural bit sounds scary wouldnt like being so numb. I can see she is so worth it tho :-D Awwwwwwwwwwww

Thanks for sharing your story - your LO is beautiful. She must be comfy with her hands up by her head like that as in your pic! xx

She is GORGEOUS! well done huni, wat a horrible labour though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"