Mefanamic acid (ponstan) question

debzie

Mammy to two girls.
Reaction score
Hello ladies just wanted to know if anyone has any wisdom on this topic as I have had so many conflicting answers from professionals.

I take mefanamic acid for painfull periods prescribed by my GP. In the leaflet it states that it can cause fertility problems if ttc.

I have spoken with my pharmacist and nurse practitioner and these both stated that this is only if you are taking it regularly for other inflammatory pain. They suggested taking it only when I need to during the first few days of my cycle will not effect my chances.

Google is my enemy and friend and I have looked this up and nothing I have read can give me a definitive answer. All suggest that taking it regularly can impact on your chances as can ibuprofen etc.. and all should not be taken in pregnancy.

Thanks in advance having a really bad crampy period and am in agony.

i take it uauslly (mine are yellow tablets) and my doc knows im ttc but he still perscribed them to me. i also take ibuprofin and i would think its is ok to take them because by the time you ovulate 12-15 days later, it will be well out of your system by theen :flower: i wouldnt worry about it tbh xxxx

:flower:Thank you again Sarah you have been so helpful this morning.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->