Megan Olivia - 24/1/11

Ley

mum to 3 pinks
Reaction score
yesterday was just like any other day, I got up, did the housework and got ready to walk my daughter to school.
As we got to the school I noticed some tightenings but didn't think much of them as I'd been having them for weeks and being only 37+2 I wasn't expecting anything to happen yet.
we came home and I ran a bath as I'd started having backache.
I tried to use the toilet and when I wiped I noticed a huge glob of orange mucus, I wiped a second time and there was pink mixed in too.
I told my husband I thought I was losing my show and got in the bath.
when I got out of the bath the cramps turned into contractions, they were coming every 4 minutes but not lasting very long.
it was about 2pm by this point. every time I went to the toilet there was more red blood mixed with mucus.
After another hour I called my mum to come over but while I was waiting for her I lost more blood so decided to call the hospital.
They told me to come straight in so we got everything ready and when my mum got here we set off.

We got to the hospital at about 5:30pm and they gave me the gas straight away as the contractions were a lot more painful.
they put me on the monitor for 20 minutes and checked baby. she seemed ok so they decided to examine me. I was 4 cms and my membranes were bulging.
I got on the birthing ball and was bouncing through the contractions. I remember trying to watch hollyoaks but zoning in and out so I wasn;t really concentrating.
The birthing ball started to deflate so I had to get off while they tried to pump it back up. When I stood up I started to feel strong pressure with the contractions.
They decided to examine me again and I was 7cms. I asked for an epidural, they told me they could try but there probably wouldn't be time for an epi but I was insistant so they called the aneasthetist.
I lent up against the back of the bed so I was on my knees and they put the canula in but then I started pushing. My body was pushing for me and I couldn't stop it so they told me to go with the flow. I had one really strong contraction and pushed and my water exploded every where but it was thick with meconium. suddenly alarm bells were ringing and the room was full of people.
I pushed again but was told to stop and just breathe as baby needed to come out slowly.
I breathed and panted and I felt her come out but there was silence.
I couldn't see anything as I was leant over the back of the bed, my mum was told to cut the cord quickly and then baby was whisked away to the resus table and 2 scbu Dr's came rushing in.
I still didn't really know what was going on but I looked down at my knees to see a huge amount of brown water around my knees mixed with lots of blood.

I asked if baby was ok and was told that the cord had been around her neck twice and they were also concerned about the meconium.
I had to start delivering the placenta but it was stuck and it really hurt. it took a lot of pulling and tugging to get it out but eventually it came out.
the Dr's were still working on my baby at this point and I had to get off the bed so they could clean the mess up.
finally after the bed was cleaned I was able to hold my baby for the first time.
She was so tiny but so perfect.
I was told they wanted to keep an eye on her for 12 hours because of the cord and meconium but that she seemed to be ok now.

finally she was weighed and came in at 6lbs 11ozs, she was born at 9pm after 31/2 hours active labour.
We came home earlier today and she is doing well.

so here she is
Megan Olivia Pamela White
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f295/mum2b19/kids/DSCF0668.jpg

Oh Ley, she's so cute! What adorable eyes! What a birth story too...so quick but I imagine a bit frantic, glad to hear she's well and no harm from the meconium! Hugs xxx

aww shes beautiful, what a perfect little girl! xx

oh wow Ley, glad everything is ok, she is gorgeous, my girls think so too!!

Clare x

wow im so glad shes ok congrats xx

Sounds like a scary experience, but what a beautiful little girl you got at the end of it! Congratulations!

Xx

Aww, what a frantic, hurried labor!! But she is SO adorable!! :) :) My mom says so, too... Congratulations!!!! :D :D :D

I just read your birth story hun. Sounds scary, but glad everything is ok now. Megan really is gorgeous. xx

congratulations, what an adorable wee girl, she looks like she knows she is loved already :)

thanks everyone, she is perfect and such a good baby!

quite a stressful labour, but it sounds like you coped with it really well :flower: congrats on your little girl, glad all was well in the end :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->