Megan Stammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
What are you opinions on this?

For all who dont no https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19756698

i don't think she was abducted, i think she chose to go according to the pictures that were taken of her and the teacher.

I think she is a naive 15 year old girl who was offered a fairytale but ended up caught in the middle of a nightmare.

If this teacher really did love her he would not of done this to her, they both should of waited.

At least she is safe, this could of ended in a much much worse way.

i don't think she was abducted, i think she chose to go according to the pictures that were taken of her and the teacher.

I spoke to my Dad about this (he is a Solicitor) and he said because she is under the age of consent- it's abduction, doesn't matter whether she went willingly or not. The age of consent in France is actually 15- but there is some european law which means that they can arrest him over there because she is under the age of consent in this country if that makes sense.

I feel really sorry for her right now- she is on her way home, he is off to court and possibly jail. She will be heartbroken because she thinks she is in "love".

On the actual situation- I don't know, I really don't. At fifteen I know I had a lot of growing up to do still.

What makes me REALLY sick though is that this guy had tried it on with someone else, as did another 2 teachers at that school. I don't think there will be many prospective parents for the school next year.

I don't think she was abducted, she chose to go (I know it will be classed as abduction). although, her teacher is in the wrong as it is his place to say no to a school girl with a crush on him. I do feel for Megan, she'll be heartbroken that the man she loves will be going to jail, I think that's what stopped her from calling home. I'm glad she has been found safe & sound, all the worrying can stop now! :flower:

I spoke to my Dad about this (he is a Solicitor) and he said because she is under the age of consent- it's abduction, doesn't matter whether she went willingly or not. The age of consent in France is actually 15- but there is some european law which means that they can arrest him over there because she is under the age of consent in this country if that makes sense.

I feel really sorry for her right now- she is on her way home, he is off to court and possibly jail. She will be heartbroken because she thinks she is in "love".

On the actual situation- I don't know, I really don't. At fifteen I know I had a lot of growing up to do still.

What makes me REALLY sick though is that this guy had tried it on with someone else, as did another 2 teachers at that school. I don't think there will be many prospective parents for the school next year.

thats what i ment :), i know its legally called abduction, but she wasnt forced to go.

This :thumbup:

Again at 15 I had alot of growing up to do, I didn't think I did at the time but I did looking back.

It's hard, she went there willingly, obviously thinking she was in love but at the end of the day if that was my daughter there is no way I could ever forgive him. I would do everything I could to see him be sent down.

The bit bolded I didn't know, that he has tried it with another girl changes it completly really?

At 15 I was in love with the idea of being in love. I wanted a fairytale to happen to me..someone older, exciting to whisk me off my feet.
she probably thinks she has met her prince charming and he is old enough to realise fairytale dont exist and his job was to protect this CHILD not take advantage!!!

I just don't understand people defending it. Wasn't she 14 when this started?? He abused his position of trust in starting a relationship with an impressionable young girl who let's face it, will have found the whole thing exciting and romantic, while he is old enough to see it for what it actually is which is grooming :shrug:
He's a teacher, he's not unaware of the consequences, he's not young and naive as she is and he knew perfectly well what he was doing in starting a relationship with an underage pupil.
How many of us would start up a relationship with a 14 year old and try to justify it?? It's sick.

Children who are groomed on the internet go willingly - it's still paedophilia :shrug:

It's just awful. We're supposed to be able to trust those looking after our children! You can't sometimes help who you fall for, but as an adult there must be something wrong with you to fall for a child. At 15 years old you can be led astray by anyone and not fully understand how wrong it is. The adult new exactly what he was doing.

Thread closed, there is a thread currently running in News & Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly