mei tai question

nada87

Reaction score
when do you stop frogging their legs? meira is not quite 3 mo but she is almost 16lbs and 24in long it's getting a bit difficult to frog them so would it be ok to put her in it without frogging them? is it age or size that matters?

I stopped frogging Jackson's legs when he was just over two months. It got to the point where he wouldn't bend his legs up, and was standing in the mei tai, and was way too tall to stand in the mei tai, so I put his feet out the sides. I'm lucky that he's tall though, so his knees stick out and his legs bend down from there (as opposed to just his feet sticking straight out)

When they stop doing the froggy position for themselves I think. If you're having trouble putting her in like that, I'd say put her legs out instead.

If the MT is wider than her knees when out, just use a ribbon to bunch it in a bit so her knees can bend, & just make sure she's comfy. T was about 3mth when I put her legs out & just bunched the bottom in a bit to make it narrower. HTH

I asked the same question a couple of days ago and the lovely Rachel posted a picture for me as I found it a bit difficult to imagine. :winkwink:

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/435306-long-should-lo-froggy-position-mei-tai.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->