Membrane sweep?

Keza

Reaction score
Did anyone here have a successful membrane sweep at 37 weeks? I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and my consultant gave me a membrane sweep today to try and get things started. I'm being induced in 2 days due to iugr (growth restricted baby). My cervix was soft, 50% effaced, and 1cm dilated. Ive had the odd period type cramp and feel tender down there but other than that nothing.

I had mine at 37+5 with my youngest on the Friday. She said I was a stretchy 3cms. I had no cramps after but lost my plug that night. The Saturday I felt nothing and carried on as normal. The Sunday I felt like i was leaking while we were at the park with my son. By the evening I thought I was definitely leaking so I called L&D who checked me over and confirmed my waters were slowly leaking but as I was booked in for induction on Monday morning, I was to go home and if I didn't go into labour, just go back the next day.
I ended up in the hospital for induction on the morning but I was 5cm when I arrived and after the first dose of pitocin I laboured for only 2 hours and my son was born.

I think the S&S helped me along x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->