Membrane sweeps??

Luluchaos

Reaction score
Miracle or nonsense? :p

I was just wondering what peoples' experiences of them were?
I had one done this evening and she said it would either work within 48 hours or it wouldn't work... Haha

I just thought I'd ask around to try to work out my chances of him getting all excited and coming as a result of the sweep...

I have one Friday so hope they do work lol... But I think they are only really any good if your body is ready xxx

I had two in my first pregnancy and nothing came of either of them. They really only work if your body is ready anyway, unfortunately. :shrug:

I'm hoping I can get one tomorrow, and hoping that it works right away, too! :haha:

I had one with my DD and went into early labor that night and full blown labor the next day!! So it defff worked for me. But like aley said it only works i believe if you are ready. GOOD LUCK i hope it starts something for you!

i had one saturday... all was looking good however here i am 13 days overdue going to b induced in 14 hours :-(

I had one at 37+5 with my second. My water broke 6 hours later and she was born less then 24 hours after my sweep.

I had no signs that it was going to work until my water broke. No pain or bleeding.

From all I have read on BnB it seems that they work best if you are relaxed and if you are favorable. i was 3cm, 75% effaced and baby was at 0 station. If your body isn't ready though it wont work.

In my area we dont get them till 40 +12! Then if nothing happens ur induced @ 40+14. Do they really hurt?

Pcake- mine didn't hurt at all. Wasn't even that uncomfortable. Just odd feeling.

I hope they work. Im booked for my sweep on monday morning i will be 40+3 :) apparently it works 52% of the time

I had one Monday. I was 3 cm 50% effaced. Just been getting some contractions and low back ache. Nothing really.

Well nothing's going on yet haha
Just hoping something will magically happen in the next 12 hours but it's all very suspect.
The midwife said my cervix was open more than enough for the two fingers and only about 1 1/2cm long but it was still facing backwards... Might be today, might not lol

...like every day haha

HAD MINE AT 12 NOTHING YET. I AM 3CM AND 3CM LONG :)

have induction friday am booked :)

As others have said, I think they only work if ur body is almost ready anyway. Unfortunately they don't offer them in my area until 40+7 or 40+10 (no-one can make up their mind!) Which is a bit annoying, it would be nice to get one on due date or v shortly after!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->