men and periods

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
Do you think they are secretly intrigued? Or grossed out?

Does your man look after you and can you use it to your advantage to get off the housework or have your dinner made or demand chocolate/back rubs?.....Haha.

Would your man go and buy your monthly supplies for you?

Just a discussion I saw on another forum today. Xx

It grosses my husband out. He has no problem dtd while I'm on it, but he won't listen to me talk about it. He just says 'All I want to know is when it starts, and when it's over, not all the details about how heavy it is today, etc'.

LOL. But he has gone to get supplies for me, he will put pressure on the heating pad for me, etc.

My OH sympathises, he'll go out and get my choc/tampons/neurofen.

Infact, when I was a teen living with my dad if I told my dad it was "that time of the month" he used to go out and get me a bag full of supplies too bless him lol.

OH will go out and get me tampons and sort out a hot water bottle for me if my back hurts, and he doesn't get squeamish if I talk about it but he doesn't ask questions either (except for "is it over yet?" :haha: )

Hmm, TBH I've not really thought about it. I talk about it, but not in detail. Although today I had a moan to him via Skype (hes at his mums) as I am in AGONY, I can barely stand let alone carry the baby and O.M.G its pouring out :(........and the baby ATE my last maxi pad :(. He slobbered all over it and then ripped it open :(. Currently sitting on a towel and hoping I can some how not bleed for the 40 mins it takes to drop the kids off tomorrow before work - which I missed today as it feels like I have been run over.

Think i need to call the doc............

Oh is great. Rubs my tummy chocolate on tap added supplies to our shop when he knows I'm running out and will often ask how heavy it is or if I need anything.

His favourite bit is when it is over lol

I haven't had a proper period since being with OH (I have an implant and its more or less stopped mine) but I do get this little bleed every now and then. Nothing heavy and only lasts about a day and I do tell him about it. It doesn't gross him out or anything. I've never asked him to buy supplies I've always got some at hand. I guess it might be different if I had proper regular periods. I can't remember the last time I had a proper one.

I get no sympathy whatsoever!

My husband is of the impression that millions of other women deal with it so I should to!! Same goes for childbirth, can't be that bad or we wouldn't reproduce:dohh:

And every month when I go into psycho mode as hormones go into overdrive, he utter those immortal words 'Time of the month, is it?":growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I really do suffer badly with the mood swings. Jokes aside, if I could shut myself in a cupboard for 3 days I would. Just looking as someone breathing makes my blood boil in example... I honestly could bludgeon them to death so I've no idea how my husband is still alive!!

I dknt had deep discussions about it no... I sometimes don't tell him but he usually can tell as he wil see throw some rubbish in the bin or see my towels have been moved. I'm also a bit of a pain at forgetting to throw the peel away bit from a towel! Were not embarrassed just there isn't much to say about it! We don't dtd though!
He has grabbed me towels in the past too and when I used to get cramps really bad would sort out hot water bottle etc for me

Mine is really grossed out by the bleeding and refuses to dtd even tho I'm usually kinda in the mood for it...weirdo me.

I never asked him to get me supplies as i always make sure to be well stocked but he does make me tea and hes more accepting of the mood swings when he knows its that time of month

I wouldnt wanna know how my OH would be if he was on his period :haha:

My OH isn't sympathetic in the slightest lol he thinks i over react when I get period pains! He would go and buy me supplies if I needed them.. He has done in the past.

All he cares about is when it starts and when it finishes because DTD is a no go zone then haha x

DH couldn't care less really. He knows when I am due on, apparently I get moody :shrug: Not my fault he can't make the coffee right :rofl:

He would go & buy supplies if I needed them but so far he hasn't needed to. To be fair, it would be quicker for me to go to the shop & get them than try & explain what & which type I need...and he would still come back with the wrong ones anyway.

He would give me a backrub if I demanded one but he wouldn't go out of his way to just give me one.

OH doesn't like it when I talk about tampons over dinner :rofl:.

Apart from that, he's okay about it. I don't know if he'd go out and buy supplies for me as I use washable pads so I've never had to ask him. I think possibly not. He's ready reviews I've written about products, one was a bit TMI for him but he laughed about it. He's very good about back rubs, chocolate etc when I'm on my period, but I think that's mostly because he says I'm not too demanding compared to his ex!

Her would encourage me to have a nice warm bath, relax and use a hot water bottle. he does give me sympathy lol.
I do have really bad periods, and going for pads doesn't bother him at all, he does it often.

Mine shudders at the very thought. Literally shakes and looks like he's going to vomit.

My dude doesnt care about it. Just a fact of life to him. He'll look after me if I'm suffering and buy whatever I need.

Pretty much as atomicpink said - not a big deal, just part of life. If i feel a special need to talk about it he'd listen but i'm not big on chatting periods anyway lol.

Tbh i grossed him out way more when we were ttc talking about cervical mucus in great depth :haha:

Hubby is sympathetic and will ask how I am, etc.

I dont really talk to my oh about when Im on as hes not bothered.He would buy tampax for me if I asked him to.I dont expect any sympathy for it,but then I just get on with most things like illness,pain etc so hes not used to having to help me out or anything.

Mine gets grossed out, if I say I have belly ache all I get is "Eurgh I don't wanna know"

In fact the only time he will know if I am on my period is if he makes a move and I tell him no or he hears the rustling in the bathroom :haha:

Not sure if he would get supplies, I've never had to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->