men and periods

Pretty much as atomicpink said - not a big deal, just part of life. If i feel a special need to talk about it he'd listen but i'm not big on chatting periods anyway lol.

Tbh i grossed him out way more when we were ttc talking about cervical mucus in great depth :haha:

:haha:

He never really knows when I'm having one; don't tell him I'm on unless he asks for sex. He's not bothered or grossed out I don't think and he'll buy me stuff if I ask him to I guess.

Mine always knows when I have mine as I am a total psycho and its very obvious!
He has no problem dtd when I am on and he will go buy supplies if I need them (he takes an empty packet with him!) He also puts pressure on my lower back for me and it helps a lot!

Having sex while on ur period i think its disgusting. I love being on my period cus it gives em a break lol. Oh gets my tampax if i ask him to but we dont talk about it

My partner buys pads for me, he has no problem with it.

If I were in a lot of pain he'd make dinner etc. I always tell him when I start usually because most of my pain is in the first few days.

He's not bothered by it at all. I'm sure he wouldn't mind having sex at that time but it's not something I want to do.

Errrrm, it's been a while since I've had one now, I don't really talk to him about it. I will mention when I am on so he knows sex is off the cards and even though I can get very uncomfortable periods I don't really demand anything, but tbh I ask him to go out and get me chocolate most days of the month so my period doesn't change anything lol. He will go out and get me supplies if I ask, I just tend not to because he brings the wrong thing back, he bought me towels when I had spent 10 minutes describing the tampons I wanted to him last year lol.

Since I get horrendous cramps (I usually take 1800-2000mg of pain killers a day for about two days), my DH is more than sympathetic. I don't get very heavy AFs, its just the cramps. And I don't PMS or have cravings. So unless I'm in pain, its pretty much like any other day. I just have to keep on the pain pills otherwise I'll be in real trouble. The doctors have always warned me that I need to start the pain meds BEFORE the cramps hit. That is so hard to do when you're periods range from 24-26 days.

I don't really talk about it in great detail but I do tell him when I'm on. It's not that I think he'd be grossed out - he's seen me at my worst, I had a biopsy down there and he checked my stitches for me. I just don't see any need to chat about it personally (no judgement on anyone else, it's just me). We don't dtd so he does tend to ask if it's finished yet lol. If I'm feeling rough he'll look after me but most of the time I just power through.

I know he wouldn't have a problem going buying supplies for me but he'd probably buy the wrong ones lol, I'm very picky! I buy in bulk whenever they're on offer so I'm always well stocked.

Mine gets grossed out, if I say I have belly ache all I get is "Eurgh I don't wanna know"

In fact the only time he will know if I am on my period is if he makes a move and I tell him no or he hears the rustling in the bathroom :haha:

Not sure if he would get supplies, I've never had to ask!

This is always the giveaway :haha:

My oh always goes and gets me tampons etc, usually gets it right :haha:
He's not grossed out by me talking about it and gives a appropriate amount of sympathy!

We don't DTD when I'm on my period cause I never feel like it, my oh has only ever been annoyed with my period when we had a babysitter and it came early:haha:

Mines not bothered. He'll buy the pads and the chocolate and avoid arguing with me :)

It makes my DH physically sick. If I ever wanted peace and quiet all I would have to do is suggest DTD while I'm on it. All of a sudden his car would need washed or a friend would call with an 'emergency'.

If I talk about it I can see him pale and he has been known to 'gip'. Sometimes I do it just to get a reaction:haha:

He would buy me bits that I needed but there would be no point, he'd just get the wrong ones. And he has been known to bring me emergency Krispy Kremes etc after work. So he's good in that way. But I could never talk about them. Not without the risk of getting covered in vomit.

My hubby is a medic, so it doesn't really gross him out except when I have globs coming out of me. :blush: Which happens every period.

He has made a few pad runs in the past and almost always gets the right kind. :haha: I am a heavy bleeder from days 2-4 and light from days 5-7. So I need two different types of pads. Per his request I am not allowed to wear tampons due to possibly contracting TSS, and some other crazy stuff he's read up on. :haha:

Most the time he will try to soothe my cramps with a heating pad but I will just stock up on midol because my cramps are sometimes killer. Lol.

My DH pretends its not happening. He is beyond grossed out about it. That's a boarding school boy for you.

Dh has never been phased by them. When we used to go shopping (pre hysterectomy) he would always ask if I needed 'fanny rags!' He would also go and get them for me.

In saying all of the above dh has seen WAY more than most. I have had really bad gynae problems for the past couple of years (adenomyosis) several admissions to hospital which lead up to my hysterectomy last Nov and bleeding for 48 weeks out of 52! (Which was not 'normal' period bleeding, I won't go in to details lol) he has never batted an eyelid.

Yes it was (still is) but hey ho there are others worse off than me x

OH has no issue with it. If I feel crappy he'll look after me, bring me hot water bottles etc.

My husband doesn't care, haha. He'll DTD no problem. No special treatment though, it's just another week as my period honestly doesn't affect me. He'd definitely go out and buy tampons or whatever but I usually have a good stock. He does joke that women are super human as nothing should bleed for a week and still be alive. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->