Men are sooooo lucky

charliemeg

Waiting
Reaction score
I have been in sooooo much pain since yesterday. My AF is due a visit on thurs and my boobs are soooooooo sore. I am sure hubby thinks I am milking it. They have not been this bad in years I cant even lift my arms up too high and am wearing a sports bra which helps a little. The things us women we have to put up with.:cry:

Well that is my rant over off to get some chocolate now as that always helps :happydance:

yes they do seem to have it good. Sometimes a little forced time for yourself can be nice but not when you're in so much pain you can't enjoy it. My DH is awesome and pampers me when it's that time of month... all I can say is lots of hot baths, hot cocoa, heating pad, DH rubbing my feet and who could forget the chocolate lol I prefer dark 72% yummmm
Hope you feel better soon, enjoy your chocolate

yup - hurty lady bits isn't fun.

I tend to get a weeks hurty build up and then 3 hours of agony on the 1st day and after that I'm back to normal.

Never thought I'd say it though - my new mooncup has made the past few AFs fun !

ooo, i was thinking about getting a mooncup. You reckon they're good?

moon cup, i read about them and they sound very unhygeinic, the fact that it is a plug and nothing gets absorbed, so when u take it out, tidal wave, i think ill stick with the panty liners and tampons :D

MOONCUPS ARE FAB

It takes a few attempts to get it right but just like tampons - if they're put in right - you're oblivious.

And... the bonus is - it doesn't let anything through - at all.

Its not just a plug - its a cup and it collects everything.
You just empty it every 3-4 hours or so, rinse it out and start again.

!!! TMI Alert !!!

Just sos you know the kind of volume I'm talking about...
my 1st day is 'super' - changing super tampons every 1-2 hours or so
with the mooncup - I empty it with around the same frequency but I don't need to - it'll last 3-4 hours - but its just habit really.

I'd definitely recommend them.

They aren't expensive and if you look after them they're supposed to last for years.

:)

Are moon cups hygenic? I can see the good side with these as they must be better for the environment but are they good for the body?

I am still in a mood as I am still waiting for my af. I am 2 days late now and still suffering. My boobs are killing still I have bad stomach cramps etc I just want it to come and go. So the pain goes :(

As far as I've read they are sanitary, made with medical grade silicone and as long as you wash them after emptying them and then sterilize (ie. boiling) them after AF, the should be good... I've been reading up on them as they seem interesting!

Thanks for explaining it to me honestly, everyone who i have asked before seem to be too embarrased to explain!

We had this very bizarre mooncup event at uni where they were recommended to all the girls and to 'symbolize' how much better for your body and the environment they dressed someone up as a tampon and someone as a mooncup and they had a playfight. it was very distressing haha.

I think i might get one actually. give it a go :)

They're meant to be more hygienic as long as they're cared for properly as tampons leave fibres etc behind when they're removed.

Might sound like a dumb question but where exactly do you empty the mooncup? Down the loo or sink or what? :blush:

Hi - glad you guys are thinking about giving it a go!

I empty it down the loo and rinse it off in the sink.

Like Junebug says - when AFs gone I just boil it for a couple of minutues and put it back in the cupboard.

Can't imagine a tampon fighting a mooncup - bet that was fun to watch!

How're you doing now charliemeg - been and gone - or do you need a trip to Boots!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->