Menstral cloth pads

Rmar

Reaction score
I am wanting to get some more cloth pads because I am running out of disposable and I would rather not stock up on them again. For those who use cloth pads, how did you go about buying them? Did you bulk buy from a website, ebay or other? Did you buy one cloth pad every now and then?

I didnt know these exsisted until this post, ive looked at a few sites on google an im thinkin of trying them out, coz i hate disposable pads, im just not sure how many to get either, i think it depends on how heavy your period flow is an how many you'd need to use, and if you were going to wash them every night etc.. some sites are quite expensive, so i might look into making my own.

i made my own using bamboo fleece (for absorbency), normal fleece, pul, and minkee.

though admittedly i've haven't had chance to use them for a proper menstrual cycle yet, though i did use them throughout the late stages of my pregnancy for discharge and leakage iykwim

there are some WAHM (work at home moms) who make them, if your interested i will post some links for you.

Being in Australia, I wouldn't want to pay for overseas postage but thanks anyway.

I will try to get handy and make my own but I am not amazing with that kind of stuff.:blush:

I wasn't too impressed with the ones I used[Ella's house] but knowing what I know now it may have had to do with the fact that I was using fabric softener as I just washed them with all my regular clothes.
I'd probably try some again but only if I found some that had a layer of PUL as mine leaked a lot...

I do love the Mooncup, so that's as 'natural' as it goes for me at the moment

The menstrual cup (I use Diva Cup) rocks!! I've been using one since a year ago, and it's the best thing ever... It was really weird the first month, but once you get the hang of it, and over how involved you are, it's awesomeness. Plus it saves money and the environment. I'm on a budget these days, so every package of pads or tampons I don't use is money in my pocket :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->