Menstrual Cramps

HaylsM89

Easton's Mommy + TTC #2!
Reaction score
Ever since having Easton, my period cramps have been bordering on unbearable. Like curl up in a ball and :cry: It seems like it just gets worse every month. Maybe I'm being over-dramatic :wacko: I've already been to the doctor to make sure everything was good :thumbup:

Did this happen to anyone? Any tips to deal and such? I very well can't lay around all day :cry: like I'd like to!

Didnt like to leave the post with no comments after reading it, I cant add much though, since having Logan I have worse PMT than before I had him but no worse cramps or anything (just moodier and more urges to eat fatty food:dohh:). Ive heard evening primrose oil is good for cramps (but never tried it myself), could the Dr not prescribe anything?
Sorry this is a wishy-washy reply, hopefully someone else will comment too with more help!
:flower:

Thanks for the input :happydance:

The doctor just said to do whatever I did before, which is a rather unprofessional response coming from a professional :dohh: I was lucky enough before Easton to have minimal cramping. But after, oh boy :cry: I'll just have to put him in time-out a lot when he gets older :haha:

I have always suffered excruciating menstrual cramps. I get co-codamol from the dr (30mg codeine, 500mg paracetamol) which really really work although can make you feel a little woozy so are best if you can lie down for half an hour (with a hot water bottle on your belly for extra comfort) after taking them. For a few years my dr had me on a tablet called mefenamic acid - until I changed doctors when we moved, and it turned out I should never have been put on that with having asthma!!!

If you are not able to lie down, those heat pads from boots are pretty good but I always needed painkillers along with them - Feminax didn't make me feel woozy.

The very best thing I found was white tiger balm and just rub tonnes of it on your stomach and back. It has to be the white one though, the red one doesn't work for me. I really struggled to get through a day at work when I had cramps but the tiger balm really really helped. It's very soothing and comforting and makes you all warm and tingly and totally helps the cramps.

I am not looking forward to the return of my periods after having my baby :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->