Mental illness

I struggle. I have schizo affective disorder (diagnosed yesterday!) I have periods of very bad depression and periods of psychosis. However, medication helps a lot and I now don't get the depression so badly which is the worst part.

With me my biggest struggle at the moment is being really sleepy from my meds, so then I stop taking my meds 'for a break' but the psychosis comes back and strange things start to happen to me. I went to see the psych yesterday and she's putting me on a different medication, so we'll see how that works out. I'm transitioning from my old meds to my new ones over the next two weeks.

At the moment my partner doesn't work because I need him to help me at home, but we've now reached a point where our savings have run out (we've been living on them for a year), so it's very important my new meds work, because he really needs to go and get a job for the money.

:hugs:

Your definitly not alone. My father died 9 years ago and have suuffered on and off for years. Right now i'm going through a patch and have for about 4 weeks. Anything will throw me off. I had problems with a tooth 4 weeks ago and its simple things like that that throws me off.

I just got yelled at by my mum for "neglecting" my son and that I throw him off to some else when i get a chance. She also told me im not a great mother and that i need to go to parenting skills and she went on to say "AND I WONT TELL YOU WHAT ELSE I THINK". Which didnt help much. I love my son to death and would do anything for him. I go through patches where im so depressed that i can't think so yes my partner would take him for me to have a break but im by no means a horrible mother.

My brother suffers worse than me with depression and its ok for him to feel like that (she mothers him, where as i get screamed at).

You defo not alone and I feel for you because I know what it feels like :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->