Message after last nights Hollyoaks...

A

AppleBlossom

After last nights hollyoaks there was a message saying something like, channel 4 apologises for the episode given the recent tragic events and that hollyoaks is recorded 8 weeks prior to airing. It was the one where Newt tries to kill himself. It's been bugging me what the message was about. Anyone know?

I think it is to do with this news story:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8290288.stm

"Two teenage girls have died after apparently jumping into the River Clyde from the Erskine Bridge.
The pair, Neve Lafferty, 15, from Helensburgh, and Georgia Rowe, 14, originally from Hull, jumped from the bridge at about 2100 BST on Sunday."

is it maybe to do with whats his faces ex hanging him self? ummmmmm that bald guy out of little brittan *mind blank* Matt Lucas! there we go!

I think it is to do with this news story:
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8290288.stm

"Two teenage girls have died after apparently jumping into the River Clyde from the Erskine Bridge.
The pair, Neve Lafferty, 15, from Helensburgh, and Georgia Rowe, 14, originally from Hull, jumped from the bridge at about 2100 BST on Sunday."

Oh that is so sad, I hadnt read about that before. And it is similar in the way of a pact to jump in a river to commit suicide, so yea your probably right.

Yeah it was about those two girls. I caught up online and the message came up before the show came on. It was filmed 8 weeks in advance tho.. so not anything they could do really.

ah, was wonderin what that was about.

Its very lucky for Hollyoaks that the episode was aired after the girls death as oppose to before otherwise now they may have been facing accusations of influencing the girls to do what that did. Unfortunatly it happens quite often with fictional programming unintentionally mirroring real life events. My mother told me about a Mr Bean programme filmed locally, part of the plot was him accidently ending up with a baby and trying to return it in various amusing ways. At the time it was due to air a baby was abducted and it was never played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->